Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Owner

walfice

I picked up my Auris last week after owning an Aygo for 18 months and I'm very pleased with it so far. It's only the lowly T2 model so I have 2 questions: Is there a way to use the radio without having the key in the ignition? This was possible in the aygo but doesn't seem so the Auris (unless I'm missing something). Also, there is no lid on the centre console, is this available to buy seperatley and does it fit on without too much fiddling around?

Hi there, congrats on ur new purchase and welcome to the auris forum.

At last theres some1 with the T2 model! I have it too in silver steel colour, 07 reg.

Tell us more about your car. Colour, reg...etc. Wud b nice to see sme pics too!

With the centre console there is another topic on this. Some dealers are offering a higher, more convinient arm rest. Dont think we can buy a lid and just stick it on like the T3 but i may be wrong.

With the radio mine doesnt work without the key in either. Dunno if this is just a T2 feature or is everyones like that?

Hope u find all ur answers here. Every1s really helpful and we have a few experts too!

Take care matey. :D

With the radio mine doesnt work without the key in either. Dunno if this is just a T2 feature or is everyones like that?

It's same in every Auris!

Best regards, Alex

Cool, didnt realise there more T2 owners. Nice to meet y'all. Btw what does optional vsc mean?! Have u guys modified your cars in any way or is it still basic??

VSC = Variable Stability Control. It helps you to control your car better on slippery roads etc...

Best regards, Alex

Worked nicely when i hit oil on a roundabout recently.

Beeped at me like crazy and corrected the over-steer instantly.

Worked nicely when i hit oil on a roundabout recently.

Beeped at me like crazy and corrected the over-steer instantly.

I was driving another car few years ago (not Auris I mean). It was summer but gravel road. I was having some fun and drifing, the car had all stabilizer systems like stability control, some sort of anti-slip etc. but when I hit with my rear tyre thick and soft line of gravel which was on the side of the road, the car started to slip (left side facing front). I turned the wheel and tried to correct the direction but at the same time my car started to slip again, now in different direction (righ side facing front). The only possible explanation is that I maybe corrected too much, but I know I did not do that. Still I ended up sideways on the road :dontgetit:

Best regards, Alex