Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mtec Cosmic Blue Bulbs

Auris180

Hi

Has anybody used MTEC cosmic blue bulbs in their car before? If so do you know if these bulbs are road legal in the UK? Ive purchased some from hid's direct and they have told me they are NOT e marked so NOT road legal. I am a little confused because other sites like Amazon.co.uk and eBay are saying they are 100% road leagl. Anybody have any ideas.

Thanks

Carl

Hello Carl!

I am currently using "Cosmos Blue" bulbs from MTEC. They do not have an e-mark and are not street legal but are still great bulbs, I've been very pleased with them!

Best regards, Alex

bearing in mind most hid's/hid conversions give off a blue/white light inc the traffic polices evox their audis s3 s4 etc bmw's and their volvos.

the bulbs they are talking about have a tinge of blue not blue like their flashing lights.

why not get a hid conversion best mod i ever did(10k headlight and 8k full beam)

The answer is simple, some just want to save some money, or just don't have enough cash for HID conversion kit. I was considering to buy only effect bulbs too at first, but then bought two HID conversion kits and installed MTEC Cosmos only as high beams. So I have HIDs now in low beams and fog lights and am very happy. They look cool and much better than blue bulbs. They also make driving in the dark easier!

Best regards, Alex

I bought mine fron Germany and they cost approx. £16. Haven't heard of £30 HID kits, thought the prices are around £100... :unsure:

Best regards, Alex

eBay, most kits are about the £60 mark

got my 8k of eBay £30 plus £13p&p got my 10ks from the bay too they were £50.the boy next door got his hid's from eBay paid 99p(buy it now) for them but paid £38 p&p i'll get the name of the eBay shop from him when he gets in from work.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links