Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wheels

Northernlights

Hi

My wheels have been looking shabby for a while now and not sure if i should change them for new ones or get the originals fixed, what do you think?

Jase

I suppose it depends how bad they are. Last time I was in the UK I saw a couple of companies were doing "we come to you" alloy repairs at what sounded like good prices.

depending on how bad they are is how much they charge i spoke to the wheel boy that comes to my work mobile refurber(i'm tec for toyota in edinburgh)the prices range from £45 per wheel if not too bad to £75 per wheel if really bad....also if your tyres are about shot that could work out really expensive......but with the price of new wheels it might be better buying a wheel and tyre package eg 17" packages for approx £399 or you could give it a bash reconning them yourself

depending on how bad they are is how much they charge i spoke to the wheel boy that comes to my work mobile refurber(i'm tec for toyota in edinburgh)the prices range from £45 per wheel if not too bad to £75 per wheel if really bad....also if your tyres are about shot that could work out really expensive......but with the price of new wheels it might be better buying a wheel and tyre package eg 17" packages for approx £399 or you could give it a bash reconning them yourself

You must remember to get the correct tyre stagger for our car when doing this :thumbsup: having the same size all round are not called "Ditch finders" for nothing ;)

Les

Mine are starting to go again too. I bought a cheap sand blasting kit from Aldi (cost about £10) to use on my compressor with a view to doing my own refurbishing. I'm not looking for a professional finish (because I'm sure I won't achieve one!) but thought it could be useful to tidy them up. Anyone out there got a reference for the paint colour code?

Dave

Thanks for your replies folks!

I put a full set of toyo's on these wheels about 6 months ago so i think my preference at the moment is to get the refurb done as buying new wheels will involve new tyres!

Does anyone know if i would have to get the exact size of wheels again with the car having 16in on the back and 15in on the front? i take it its not a great idea just to stick 17in on all corners?

Thanks again!

Thanks for your replies folks!

I put a full set of toyo's on these wheels about 6 months ago so i think my preference at the moment is to get the refurb done as buying new wheels will involve new tyres!

Does anyone know if i would have to get the exact size of wheels again with the car having 16in on the back and 15in on the front? i take it its not a great idea just to stick 17in on all corners?

Thanks again!

You must remember to get the correct tyre stagger for our car when doing this :thumbsup: having the same size all round are not called "Ditch finders" for nothing ;)

Les

yes you can have 17's all round but you must have a tyre stagger ie 205 40 17 on the front and 225 40 17 on the rear(most common size on the mr2's that come in to my work i'm in a main dealer)

• 1 month later...

If you live near Birmingham i found this site that might be worth a look....

http://www.smartwheelsrefurb.webs.com/

Apparantly Mr T knows that the original alloys have a problem of bubbling up after a few years.

I know that they do a 3 year surface rust warranty and a 12 year corrosion perforation warranty, or 60,000 miles. does anyone have any experience of trying to get their wheels done under warranty? or have i got more chance of kissing the queen? :P

• 4 months later...

yes you can have 17's all round but you must have a tyre stagger ie 205 40 17 on the front and 225 40 17 on the rear(most common size on the mr2's that come in to my work i'm in a main dealer)

i have 17"s fitted all round on mine and as mentioned theyre staggered with 205 on front and 225's on rear, however a problem mine has most of the front wheel guards had to be removed as the tyres hits the plastic surround when turning. The car came with these wheels fitted when i bought it. Not happy with the tyre wheel guards removed (arches).