Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Weight Saving

10 ft man

Does any one know how heavy the rear seats are and if its worth taking them out. May even remove the spare wheel and tools, i am being anal i know but every little helps ;)

Ricc swears by it.... and remember... taking them out is NOT a modification! :lol:

Does any one know how heavy the rear seats are and if its worth taking them out. May even remove the spare wheel and tools, i am being anal i know but every little helps ;)

Are you running your car somewhere?

If you really want give me your car for a bit and I'll make sure it loses alot of weight B)

Weights a killer, so shedding anything will help! I remember on one Top gear , Hammond was driving the new mx-5 and he said the engineers have gone to massive lengths to shed weight, They even shed something like 28 grams from the interior mirror, he said put a bag of crisps in the car and you have undone all thier hard work :lol: I found it funny anyway! Take the car out for a blast with a full tank of go go juice and spare wheel, then when all your go go juice has nearly gone take the spare wheel out and go for another spin, im sure you will be able to tell the difference, i can! The car will be nearly 70kg lighter which imo thats quite a lot :thumbsup:

Are you running your car somewhere?

If you really want give me your car for a bit and I'll make sure it loses alot of weight B)

Its for no real paticualr reason, its just that the car is a weekend car at the moment anyway so making ti a quick as possible will be good....... Plus everything i do i would like to be reversible

Weights a killer, so shedding anything will help! I remember on one Top gear , Hammond was driving the new mx-5 and he said the engineers have gone to massive lengths to shed weight, They even shed something like 28 grams from the interior mirror, he said put a bag of crisps in the car and you have undone all thier hard work :lol: I found it funny anyway! Take the car out for a blast with a full tank of go go juice and spare wheel, then when all your go go juice has nearly gone take the spare wheel out and go for another spin, im sure you will be able to tell the difference, i can! The car will be nearly 70kg lighter which imo thats quite a lot :thumbsup:

Yeah i never really put more then £10 worth of v power in at any one time unless its a long journey, every little helps

when im just driving about my home town i never take the spare wheel,jack,wrench, or that board that covers the spare wheel.Take holts tyre weld though.someone could bring my spare wheel out to me if i got really stuck.also like you i put in just a little v power fuel.removing the rear seats is a bit extreme for me though.lol

when im just driving about my home town i never take the spare wheel,jack,wrench, or that board that covers the spare wheel.Take holts tyre weld though.someone could bring my spare wheel out to me if i got really stuck.also like you i put in just a little v power fuel.removing the rear seats is a bit extreme for me though.lol

i kinda also like the striped out race look, but we shall see. It may get to loud for me with the seats out.

best way to remove drastic weight from my look on the car,

interior, all rear plastics, like the rear door cards, maybe even rear Speakers and there mounts, basics like parcel shelf, seats.

moving on remove the rear bumper to remove some of the metal body re inforcement its like a big metal bar, iw would recommend this for road use though as if someone comes into you i ts there to stop the car turning into a can incase of impact.

You could get a light weight bonnet.....even a cheapy fibreglass one weighing less than the original.

Lightweight exhaust system aftermarket that weighs substancially less than the current one. Remove AC, and air injection, a lightweight Battery weighing less than 10kg. removing engine plastics.....but even after all that i reckon youll lose max around 50kg.....but id go with just removing back seats for now :)

matt, removing the inside the car feels proper fun....and the sound with lift is off the hook. i sat in my mates celica, his car sounded like a proper race car. insides rattling...it was just a pure track s_ag

remove the sound insulation on the inner side of the bonnet thatll make the car fairly loud lol.

So far i've removed 50kg from mine.

The list is :-

O.Z. Ultra Leggera wheels 3kg per wheel

Rear seats, parcel shelf, floor mat, all plastic bits from boot, seat belts sound proofing and spare wheel bolt.

I occasionally take the spare, jack and wrench out.

Obviously the car is quicker and noisier.

Only down side is it tends to skip out at the back now.

I'll be getting some coilovers soon so this will sort itself out.

Good work lad, well i havent done any weight shedding yet but trying to keep all parts as lightweight as possible. Even the sound system had to be the best yet kept light weight haha!

I bought a optima yellow top today but a smaller one so less space is taken in the engine bay and its 5kg less than the original Battery which is a result! So thats 5KG gone.....im running lightweight wheels i think around 9kg max a wheel.

removed spare wheel but kept all the jack accesories im also trying to lose weight myself so if i can get another 1kg of my stomach then were all good.

best way to remove drastic weight from my look on the car,

interior, all rear plastics, like the rear door cards, maybe even rear speakers and there mounts, basics like parcel shelf, seats.

moving on remove the rear bumper to remove some of the metal body re inforcement its like a big metal bar, iw would recommend this for road use though as if someone comes into you i ts there to stop the car turning into a can incase of impact.

You could get a light weight bonnet.....even a cheapy fibreglass one weighing less than the original.

Lightweight exhaust system aftermarket that weighs substancially less than the current one. Remove AC, and air injection, a lightweight battery weighing less than 10kg. removing engine plastics.....but even after all that i reckon youll lose max around 50kg.....but id go with just removing back seats for now :)

matt, removing the inside the car feels proper fun....and the sound with lift is off the hook. i sat in my mates celica, his car sounded like a proper race car. insides rattling...it was just a pure track s_ag

remove the sound insulation on the inner side of the bonnet thatll make the car fairly loud lol.

i know there is a certain path i could go down which would see the car looking very anorexic, but all of what i do needs to be able to be put back in easily. The seats, wheel and parcel shelf will be going at the same time as the coilovers getting fitted.

im also trying to lose weight myself so if i can get another 1kg of my stomach then were all good.

Best way :lol: I've shred 3 stone since Jan on atkins which is 18kilos and I kept the carpet :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links