Do Not Sell My Personal Information

98 Avensis Cdx Key Fob And Imobiliser Fault

jerseyrich

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can help?

I have a 1998 Avensis CDX saloon. A little while ago, the remote control and imobiliser failed. I think that around the same time, the central interior light also failed. In addition, the stereo speaker to the driver's door also does not work. I am able to set the alarm (the indicator lights activate and the alarm will sound if not cancelled), but the central locking does not work at all.

Since then, I have lost one of the keys and the one I have left only has one working button - the one which locks. I have had to remove the Dome fuse to stop the alarm activating, but the indicators still activate each time I get in the car. I have checked the connections as best as I can and there doesn't seem to be anything obvious.

Is there a simple way to fix this, or am I resigned to taking this back to the dealer. I am slightly reluctant, unless essential, as the replacement key is over £80 (£35 on ebay).

Grateful for any help.

Thanks.

You should be able to find various old topics on some of faults as individual or joined in. In my 1.8 the alarm was down the left wing by the washer bottle, just undid the connectors to stop the random alarm. With regards to fobs have you replaced the batteries and re programmed the alarm as per the handbook. The interior light is common and if I recall you may be able to bend the connectors back abit as i think it is those that may be connecting with the metal surround.

Oh the memories!