Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Else Can I Use A Cup Holder For?

wastedagen

As I don't use the dash cup holders for anything, being that I made a coffee mug insert, for the space in the centre console. (previous project).

cup1f.jpgcup2.jpgcup3.jpg

I decided to see if I could do something dash cup holders without destroying them.

Since I have an iPhone I decided to make something for that. I have the oem sat/nav so i don't need the iPhone for that but seeing that the Toyota doesn't included speed cameras then I could use my iPhone for speed/safety camera alerts.

As an iphone would obviously fall straight through I needed a removeable base I could put in and take out to close the cup holder.

90766725.jpg

So since I am lucky enough to work with composites what better than a carbon fibre insert.

39147689.jpg

35767920.jpg

This was made from a few different pieces then bonded together to get the latch to grip it on the cup holder. So it wouldn't slip out.

Slipped into the cup holder.

50132561.jpg

95812983.jpg

And with the iphone in place.

83891206.jpg

95392073.jpg

I have been using it for a good few weeks now and even on bumpy roads and tight corners the iphone has stayed put.

When not in use it slides off and lives in the drivers map pocket. Simples.............

Whats more the 'POI-Warner' app for the iphone works a treat. Spotted all the speed cameras I've come across so far.

That's so cool when you do something yourself. It starts from the idea and finally you've got a ready product! NO to ready sloutions :thumbsup:

I like the idea and also how you did it, it looks cool and is obviously working too :)

Best regards, Alex

i like it. cept i have my phone connecting to my headunit and the cable wont reach over to that side of the car. I need to make something in the middle.

all u need to do now is jailbreak the fone :P

I use the ashtray and my nokia n95 in cupholder. Great place and nokia fits ashtray like it was planned :)

Passengers don't now what i have on navigation - good for me :)

I use the ashtray and my nokia n95 in cupholder. Great place and nokia fits ashtray like it was planned :)

I'm just the same, use the dash cupholder for my Nokia N95. You couldn't ask for a better fit.

i like it. cept i have my phone connecting to my headunit and the cable wont reach over to that side of the car. I need to make something in the middle.

all u need to do now is jailbreak the fone :P

It is already jailbroken.........

I also tried this but the iPhone is too wide for the ashtray.