Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 (2006 New Shape)

igormus

Hi Guys

I have disclosed that both front wipers do their job unsatisfactory, having remained some water plate traces on the windshield and it's necessary to activate them manually to remove these traces. My questio nis -- what is the life time of these, considering good performance. I ned to hear from YOU in order to adopt decision on their substitution. Thanks before hand/Igor

Hi Igor

I am a bit of a fanatic with the Wiper Blades on mine. Somebody mentioned recently and I agree that they can gather water in the middle of the screen although it might not apply on your left hand drive. The only cure is new blades and they also cure streaking and noise. I have tried all sorts of blades and the only ones that were really sucessful were the originals but they are expensive here (around £50).

I have been trying frameless ones and they seem to be OK but I can't find one that doesn't clunk at the change of direction. I think that the best I can get from a set of blades is 12 months and they require changing just after the winter. I am fussy and my mate reckons I don't have a windscreen, I have an invisible force field!!!

Hi Igor

I am a bit of a fanatic with the wiper blades on mine. Somebody mentioned recently and I agree that they can gather water in the middle of the screen although it might not apply on your left hand drive. The only cure is new blades and they also cure streaking and noise. I have tried all sorts of blades and the only ones that were really sucessful were the originals but they are expensive here (around £50).

I have been trying frameless ones and they seem to be OK but I can't find one that doesn't clunk at the change of direction. I think that the best I can get from a set of blades is 12 months and they require changing just after the winter. I am fussy and my mate reckons I don't have a windscreen, I have an invisible force field!!!

Hi Anchorman

Yes i was about to conside the same to change them.

The cost here as originals is USD25-30/set of front ones.

I had the same sympthoms described by you.

Cheers/Igor

Try cleaning the blades first,you'll be amazed how much black crud comes off the blades,we do it on customers cars at MOT time to save them a few quid,it doesnt always cure it but it costs nothing to try

I have tried various brands and types of Wiper Blades over the years and found the Toyota ones to be the best. In my experience other blades perform well when new but don't last nearly as long.

HEMI's suggestion sounds like a good one - I'm going out right now to try it!

I have tried various brands and types of wiper blades over the years and found the Toyota ones to be the best. In my experience other blades perform well when new but don't last nearly as long.

hi NMARIA

Yes I fully agree with you. I have been using both Champion's and Bosch's on my previous Avensis and they could work well only several monthes. When installed an originals i ve felt no any noises etc.

Cheers/Igor

The trouble is that the genuine streamilined ones that come with the car are very expensive (about £50). Kingo does the Optifit ones which are very good quality but its a pity the originals are so expensive or TGB might sell more.

I notice that the US version is sold with the Optifit style wipers from new. I don't know why that should be???

I have tried various brands and types of wiper blades over the years and found the Toyota ones to be the best. In my experience other blades perform well when new but don't last nearly as long.

When I had a windscreen replaced the chappie recomended cleaning the blades with scrunched up newspaper. Also found this advice:

LINK

The trouble is that the genuine streamilined ones that come with the car are very expensive (about £50). Kingo does the Optifit ones which are very good quality but its a pity the originals are so expensive or TGB might sell more.

I notice that the US version is sold with the Optifit style wipers from new. I don't know why that should be???

yes it is exsactly Optifit being sold in the Ukraine.

no complains yes - -they do wiping very smoothly and clearly.

Cheers/Igor

Cooooeyyyyy :thumbsup:

I'm here :king:

£16.86 a pair for Optifit blades, including carriage to any UK address

Igor, the left hand drive blades are the same (just fits opposite way round) Part numbers:

85212-YZZCR

85212-YZZAF

Kingo :thumbsup:

Cooooeyyyyy :thumbsup:

I'm here :king:

£16.86 a pair for Optifit blades, including carriage to any UK address

Igor, the left hand drive blades are the same (just fits opposite way round) Part numbers:

85212-YZZCR

85212-YZZAF

Thanks Kingo for support

Igor

Guys

I do not use a rear wiper because of dirty is always accumulated on both rear glass and a wiper blade. I do normally shake the wiper up to be sure there is nor dirty + small stones. I had a bad experience on my previous Avensis and the wiper has remained a sharp scratch on the windshield. Now I used to shake all wipers before each drive. Besides I have disclosed that a real washe transparent plastic tube has no continious water flow -- i deem it is because i do not use a real wiper with washer ---- is my point of view correct?

Cheers/Igor

A little bit is lost in the translation but you should be able to operate the washer continuously on the rear window.

A little bit is lost in the translation but you should be able to operate the washer continuously on the rear window.

Sorry for my English, if any

Yes the same was deemed by me.

Cheers

Cheers

Your English is very good :thumbsup:

Cheers

Your English is very good :thumbsup:

Better than our Ukranian!!!

Hi Guys

I have disclosed that both front wipers do their job unsatisfactory, having remained some water plate traces on the windshield and it's necessary to activate them manually to remove these traces. My questio nis -- what is the life time of these, considering good performance. I ned to hear from YOU in order to adopt decision on their substitution. Thanks before hand/Igor

i changed the wiper rubbers on mine ! toyota do sell them

has it worked????

yea good as new! wiper rubber part no.( rav 4.3 ) t85214-30380 / t85214-42050

has it worked????

No,I meant cleaning them before replacing them

Changing the wiper rubbers is another option, BUT 2 X wiper rubbers is slightly more expensive than two complete Optifit blades

has it worked????

No,I meant cleaning them before replacing them

Sorry chaps. I have cleaned them and did manage to remove some black gunge but it has not rained since! The good news is that today the weather is absolutely foul so will get a chance to enjoy the improved performance of my wipers. Will then try to post a more helpful reply but will be travelling and in/out hotels, meetings etc. for the rest of the week so can't promise an immediate update.