Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport Hunting

T-sport Rob

Hello all. I am selling my Civic Type R and getting myself a nice T Sport. The cost of owning a Type R is unbelievable, especially when you get a place with the Mrs! I love the look of them and i'm looking at spending about 4.5k on one. Test drove one today and i'm really suprised with how nippy they are. Good little car and I have my heart set on one now. Off to look at one tomorrow. 4k, 45k on clock, service history, 52 plate. Hopefully it'll be the one!

Any advice on dodgy things to look for on them? Jap car so expecting it to be as reliable as the R.

This is my car for sale by the way. http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/c...cleRegLetter=53

Cheers.

Rob

Good choice, cost was the major factor in me buying one (£150 road tax and group 7!). The fact the T-Sport is so cheap to run may make you feel short changed as depreciation on the Type R is massive!

Toyota claim the engine and bits is made to do 150bhp (TTE terbo etc...) so an original model will be ultra reliable. Look for 100% original cars including 15" alloys, often looked after by careful lady drivers.

I also considered the Smart Roadster Brabus but engines could blow and my Mrs would not let me have one cos it looked too sporty (My T-Sport has no spoiler). They are hard to find but be patient and they will pop up. You may also want to consider the MR2 and rather ugly Ford Puma both cheapish to run and very good fun.

You may also want to consider the MR2 and rather ugly Ford Puma both cheapish to run and very good fun.

Ford Puma?? :o

He wants style and reliability!! Why would you want a Puma after owning a CTR?? :rolleyes:

£4K for a 52 plate t-sport sounds a bit on the high side. That's a 7 year old car!! Try and hang on for an '03' onwards when they were facelifted. I'm sure £4K would get you one.

Just checked on Parkers and I would say 4.2k is about right for 2003+ face lift model and 3.2k for an orginal 2001/2002 model presuming 65,000 miles on the clock. They hold there value and are rare. I still have not seen another T-Sport on the road since owning mine for 3 weeks!

He wants style and reliability!! Why would you want a Puma after owning a CTR?? :rolleyes:
Damn good point sorry!

They really ain't that rare. There are 60+ for sale nationally on autotrader at the moment.

It bugs me when people quote Parkers like it's the be all and end all. It's only a very rough guide and is often well wide of the mark. Much better to go on webuyanycar.com for a rough trade price (they always offer you less than the initial valuation when they actually see it) then add on a couple of hundred more for what it would cost you in a private sale. The thing with the t-sport is it's rarely been a desirable car. People who want the reliability of a Yaris generally want a 1.0 or 1.3, people who want a warm hatch rarely even consider the t-sport. As such you should bargain hard - after all, who else is going to buy the car? The potential customer base is tiny.

webuyanycar.com says my wifes Micra is worth £60. Hmmm I could get £500 for it np.

My T-Sport was quaoted at £2600 parkers say around £3250.

Ford Puma! They do look ok but I need reliability. After having a Jap car I need another one! I'll keep looking one for the right price though.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links