Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Plastics And Wind Deflectors

josh 66

Hi guys...I,am getting my new IQ soon and would like to protect the plastic interior.......Is Supaguard a good idea or can you tell me if their is anything better?......

Also a friend of mine said Wind Deflectors were a good idea...Is he right?

If you could help me with any of these two questions i would be very grateful :)

Protection is useless because if you fysically damage it you can do nothing about it.....exept put a sticker on it maybe. (or don't touch it at all and put in in the garage and never use it)

Why would Wind Deflectors be a good idea?..... ;)

Why would Wind Deflectors be a good idea?..... ;)

As a hearing-aid wearer, I find that I can't drive with the driver's side window open except at very low speeds as the air flow hits the microphone at the back of the ear. It is possible that the wind deflectors might help, though I don't think I'll risk £120 just on the off-chance.

In the ZX we scrapped to get the iQ, driving with the window open didn't cause the same problem.

Please don't mumble or shout when you reply :)

I do have deflectors and I find that you can open the windows a little bit, just enough to smoke, without having an airflow. If you lower them more the 4 inch, you'll experience the same flow. The deflectors help to close the window when driving at high speed, otherwise the window gets stuck in the window-rubber.

Why would you want to drive with open windows? :huh:

Use the air-con.

Simple - I like having the window open.

The aircon is an alternative, I just happen to prefer the window option. 8-}

Well, I suppose if you must.....deflectors are the only option on a modern car, without having your head blown off by the wind. :D

I wonder if anyone's taken a tin opener to their roof yet? :huh:

I see there's a concept for a roadster already,

toyotaiqspiderto460x0w.th.jpg

Here! (bottom of page)

:rolleyes:

Just been to the dealer and reported how easily the interior door panels mark. They say that nobody else has reported this problem to them but they will send in a detailed report to Toyota and see what the response is. Seems vert strange that there have been no complaints over the door trim bearing in mind the number of posts on this forum on this subject. Just bought the seat belt stoppers from dealer 62p each part number 73219-02010

Well, I suppose if you must.....deflectors are the only option on a modern car, without having your head blown off by the wind. :D

Here! (bottom of page)

That looks just like a new tigra

Here! (bottom of page)

That looks just like a new tigra

That's me put off then. :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links