Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Fault Light

lyric030250

I am an Ex Pat resident of Southern Spain. The vehicle is a RAV 4 XT3 vvti, 2004.

Randomly I get an Engine Fault Light, it seems to be associated with high ambient temperature. I can drive around normally for days or weeks then leave it in the sun, the Outside Temp will indicate 45 or so and on comes the light (on start) It will then usually remain on through several starts until the following day when all returns to normal.

My Question :

Bearing in mind the language difficulty does the engine management system log faults and retain them in memory and if so for how long ? I am reluctant to drive the 50 Km to a dealer without a hard fault unless it does.

Operation does not seem affected.

I am an Ex Pat resident of Southern Spain. The vehicle is a RAV 4 XT3 vvti, 2004.

Randomly I get an Engine Fault Light, it seems to be associated with high ambient temperature. I can drive around normally for days or weeks then leave it in the sun, the Outside Temp will indicate 45 or so and on comes the light (on start) It will then usually remain on through several starts until the following day when all returns to normal.

My Question :

Bearing in mind the language difficulty does the engine management system log faults and retain them in memory and if so for how long ? I am reluctant to drive the 50 Km to a dealer without a hard fault unless it does.

hello mate

chech with themp sensor located in front of a coolant radiatoor -- may be it is covered by dirty as an insulator accumulating the themperature????

Cheers/Igor

My Question :

Yes the fault will be logged and stored indefinately. Don't forget you can buy a fault code reader for about €35 and read it yourself;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UNIVERSAL-OBD2-II-CA...id=p3286.c0.m14

This is a UK seller but no doubt you can find them in Spain.

Good luck and welcome to the club.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links