Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 Mr2 Or Celica Gt4

cheza

First things first - Hi Im a new member.

Until a couple of days ago I was quite set on getting an mk2 mr2 turbo - as a 2nd car for some fun on the weekends.

What initally swung me towadrs the mr2 turbo was that for the money I want to spend (around £3000 -4000) its fast, tunable not front wheel drive and not a bad looking car.

However a friend has since suggeted the turbo celica gt4 which I hadnt considered until now,

For looks I think I prefer the celica...

Ultimatley and childish a reason as this might be I think Ill probalby end up getting whichever would be the fastest, which I suspect would be the mr2 however Im still open to persuasion.

So my question is which would you have either a Celica GT4 or a mr2 turbo and why?

Thanks in advance

chez

Debated SO many times, have a search. I assume you mean the ST205?

It was usually thought that the MR2 was quicker in a straight line (lighter, less drive train losses, good traction off the line), but the GT4 would be better for a country lane blat due to the 4WD nature.

The MR2 is also more aero dynamic, so highter top end.

The GT4 has a better engine as stock (charge cooler vs pony intercooler), more room (4 vs 2 seats) and is rarer (MR2s are VERY common).

"fastest" is a hard term to pin down.

If we're talking of a standard MR2 Turbo Rev5 Vs a standard ST205 GT4 then fastest in a straight line is most likely the MR2. If its a track day or twisty country roads then the GT4.

If you've owned RWD before and like it then go for the MR2.

If you've only ever owned FWD/4WD then go for the GT4.

I personally think an MR2 Turbo is a bad first RWD car. Lack of weight over the front, too much weight over the rear. Not enough traction, too short a wheelbase. Stepped power curve from the turbo lag. Pretty much the worst RWD car that someone can buy if they have no RWD experience.

Especially now that the summer is over and the winter roads are coming...... its this time of year that the ditches start to fill with MR2's and 911's. :lol:

I personally think an MR2 Turbo is a bad first RWD car.

Pff, I only span my first MR2 a hand full of times.

And my 2nd a few more times.

I pretty much agree with Lee.

If it was me I'd not hesitate and ge the MR2. Hart top not T ;)

If it was me I'd not hesitate and ge the MR2. Hart top not T ;)

The MR2 is now in the hands of the "upgrade from my saxo init" group.

Unfortunate. But true.

I miss mine, but couldn't own another.

I personally think an MR2 Turbo is a bad first RWD car.

Pff, I only span my first MR2 a hand full of times.

And my 2nd a few more times.

:lol:

The MR2 is now in the hands of the "upgrade from my saxo init" group.

Unfortunate. But true.

I miss mine, but couldn't own another.

:lol: Don't!!!

There was just a post on the E46 M3 forum by a chap called "bAdMaNLeRoY" asking if anyone has a car for sale for under 11500 :(

Something inside me died a little.

Lerooooooooooooooooooooooooooooy Jenkins!

(sorry couldnt resist)

i went front a slow heavy FWD celica to a MR2 turbo and never span out on the roads yet... on treack quite a few time but not on the roads! :P

And before anyone says it. I dont exactly drive like a granny as many of you will know! :lol:

Get the MR2 if your a sensible chap in terms of respecting that the car can kill you at any given moment and you will be fine. If you like ***** twitching moments then the MR2 turbo is perfect for you!

Having owned both a ST205 and 2 MR2 Turbos i find that the GT4 is a boring and easy car to drive as there is no drama.

P.s) BadManLeroy!! LMAO :lol:

rev3+ mr2 turbo every time for driver enjoyment i own a 95 rev3 gt-s with a kakimoto exhaust, berk downpipe and pipercross viper induction kit and Iridium plugs my m8 has a 96 st205 boost turned up and pushing 300bhp the mr2 beats it everytime :thumbsup: