Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Prius At Weekend

OvertheHill

Hi all - brand new to the forum. Trading my Golf GTi in for a Prius which I hope to pick up this weekend/Monday and looking forward to it. I wonder if anyone could answer a couple of questions about the Satnav for me. Having a TomTom I'm used to a few things and wondered if there was the ability on the Prius Satnav

- ability to store favourite destinations

- list of recent destinations

- points of interest

- speed cameras (or ability to upload to it)

Many thanks in advance

Hi all - brand new to the forum. Trading my Golf GTi in for a Prius which I hope to pick up this weekend/Monday and looking forward to it. I wonder if anyone could answer a couple of questions about the Satnav for me. Having a TomTom I'm used to a few things and wondered if there was the ability on the Prius Satnav

- ability to store favourite destinations

- list of recent destinations

- points of interest

- speed cameras (or ability to upload to it)

Many thanks in advance

Hi over the hill and welcome.

to try and answer your questions:

you can store favourite destinations (99 i think)

their is a list of previous destinations saved as you complete them (this is deleteable if you require)

the system has a fairly wide range of points of interest, you will have to play with it to find if it matches your needs

as for speed cameras that is a no with no ability to upload them (see previous posts on this)

hope that these answer queries.

One of the useful features of the sat nav which I guess wouldn't be available on stand alone units like Tomtom, is that it links to RDS traffic broadcasts and warns you of delays on your route. I wasn't aware of this until a couple of days ago when a voice warned me that there was standing traffic two miles ahead. It then asked if I wanted to reroute to avoid the area. I stayed on the planned route, and sure enough there was standing traffic.

One of the useful features of the sat nav which I guess wouldn't be available on stand alone units like Tomtom, is that it links to RDS traffic broadcasts

RDS-TMC is available on TomTom

I have hung on to my old TomTom and carry it in my glove box to find the addresses that the Toyota system cannot find because it does not have full postcode searching.

Hi the gen 3 prius t spirit has full postcode search just go to page 2 of destination screen and there it is

Hi the gen 3 prius t spirit has full postcode search just go to page 2 of destination screen and there it is

Excellent. Thank you. I had been using only the first page.

Anybody want to buy a TomTom? . . . . . :rolleyes:

Excellent. Thank you. I had been using only the first page.

Anybody want to buy a TomTom? . . . . . :rolleyes:

I'll be hanging on to my Garmin for the custom PoI and safety camera abilities.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links