Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kingo's Tuning Box- Consumption.

Mereside

Dear all,

Been looking for a bit of a special birthday present for myself as I have now got to a 'special' age and found a nice watch at Southport I liked the look of and 'er indoors told me to begger off and get the damn thing as I have been loking for months.

Filled the old T180 up with V-power and off I headed.

I was not in a rush and I don't bother too much about mpg otherwise I wouldn't have got the 180.

Anyway decided to drive with a very light right foot so at the speed limit on A and B roads and 65-70 on the motorways on cruise. Had a good run there bought 'the damn watch' so happy as Larry, and pootled back home.

Trip computer (which I know isn't that accurate and probably reads high) recorded 43mpg. Big deal I hear you diesel boys say but this has 'Kingo's 212bhp chip in it with a K & N filter.

This is actually better than I got when I didn't have the chip fitted and it just shows that just because you have the extra power it does give you the driver the choice of wether you use it or not.

Obviously I am back now and putting my foot down so the economy has dropped.

Regards

Mereside

Hi Mereside

Good to hear you are enjoying the tuning box! Have you seen any difference in your average mpg since fitting the box? I usually get between 35 - 38 mpg per tank without the box....I am thinking about getting myself an early xmas present.

bomber

That's nice to hear Mereside ;)

When you have a tuning box fitted, it's very easy to get carried away with your new found power, and you want to use it, no problem with that, however over time, you will find that you can use a much lighter throttle, which will IMPROVE your consumption figures. I cant give an acurate figure, as it all depends on driving style, but you should see a 5 to 10% improvement over a period of time, depending on your driving style

We keep most tuning boxes in stock for T180 and D4D models, we can also get a complete range of boxes for ALL OTHER MAKES as well. PM me for details

Kingo :thumbsup:

Kingo, how much better will my fuel consumption be with my new wipers? I'm expecting about 10 - 15%..........

My computer says 31mpg! and has hovered around this for days now ....and I'm not flogging it!

No I don't think Ihave (really should make effort to read book :huh: )

When I picked it up, going up the A1M It was @ 38mpg....it had been steadily going down, but seems to hang around the 31mpg mark.

Kingo, how much better will my fuel consumption be with my new wipers? I'm expecting about 10 - 15%..........

If you fit turbo magnets as well expect about 50% extra :rolleyes:

If you fit turbo magnets as well expect about 50% extra :rolleyes:

You mean the wipers don't have turbo magnets fitted!!!

No I don't think Ihave (really should make effort to read book :huh: )

When I picked it up, going up the A1M It was @ 38mpg....it had been steadily going down, but seems to hang around the 31mpg mark.

Make sure the trip computer is showing "Ave mpg" then press and hold the right hand button until it zero's. It will take a few miles to settle down but will give you a more representative readings.

Over the last month or so mine has averaged 34mpg but I do a lot of local running.

Strangely the best mpg is when I am at 40-50mph as opposed to the motorway.

My car has about 17 on the clock so is no doubt still loosening up a bit.

Stupidmia.

As you car is still new then the mpg may pick up when it gets a few miles on.

Bomber.

I cannot compare this tuning box to any others but I am a fastidious owner and if soemthing is a bit wrong or slightly off I always get it checked. I am happy to report that to date the tuning box is as impressive as the day I put it on, no flat spots, no turbo lagg and no narrow powerband. The only downside is the absolutely HUGE amount of money it costs to buy...... Only joking Kingo.

Book early for Christmas Bomber you desrve it!

Regards

. The only downside is the absolutely HUGE amount of money it costs to buy...... Only joking Kingo.

Not as huge as some of our competitors :lol:

We have supplied a few to Australia recently, they work a treat on the Hilux/Landcruiser/Prado 3.0 models