Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can I Trust The Main Dealer

geoffrey r allen

I recently purchased a 52 reg Corolla verso from my main dealer, the price seemed very reasonable but some months down the line its had 2 new drive shafts (under warranty) and I have found various panels and the bumpers all appear a slightly different shade of silver. Above the n/s rear door I can see what appears to be a ripple in the bodywork that looks like a join in the panels, the bonnet shut lines are not even. Is this just a made in Japan problem? or a none Toyota accident repair. Dealer, at the moment does not seem interested, awaiting response from their HQ.

The door/bonnet shut lines should be spot on regardless of whether it was built in Japan or Burnaston - it sounds like your Verso has "history".

I would take it to a VBRA Repairer for their opinion/report on the vehicle - you will probably have to pay for a report on it but it will be essential 'ammunition' when

fighting the Main dealer you bought the vehicle from.

VBRA

Hope this helps,

Mick

as above, HPI CHECK!! if it has been an insurance write off even at the lowest catagory you have the right to throw the car keys back at them and cancel the finance as it was sold unlawfully!!

if it was cheap cos of a write off the ,by law have to tell you before hand!!

The door/bonnet shut lines should be spot on regardless of whether it was built in Japan or Burnaston - it sounds like your Verso has "history".

I would take it to a VBRA Repairer for their opinion/report on the vehicle - you will probably have to pay for a report on it but it will be essential 'ammunition' when

fighting the Main dealer you bought the vehicle from.

VBRA

Hope this helps,

Mick

Mick...Thanks for the advice, may give it a try...Geoff

if i were you id be on the HPI website right now

i got stung before, i bought a car (privately albeit) that had outstanding finance which i wasnt told about, but luckily nothing came of it until i went to part ex it against a new car then the dealer did a hpi check. finance was written off so i was quite lucky

seriously get hpi done now

i got stung before, i bought a car (privately albeit) that had outstanding finance which i wasnt told about, but luckily nothing came of it until i went to part ex it against a new car then the dealer did a hpi check. finance was written off so i was quite lucky

I have carried out the usual checks, no finance etc. only discrepancy is mileage. Mileage at 04/01/2004...73,909...mileage at 09/10/2004 19,385. so its possibly an error with figures !! only concern is that it is possible from new 09/2002 to 01/2004 that the car could have done 73,909 miles and the odometer was changed ??? and therefore would read zero ?? I am awaiting DVLA response to my request for details of first owner its a £5 but well worth it if it gets me the answers I need.

I have carried out the usual checks, no finance etc. only discrepancy is mileage. Mileage at 04/01/2004...73,909...mileage at 09/10/2004 19,385. so its possibly an error with figures !! only concern is that it is possible from new 09/2002 to 01/2004 that the car could have done 73,909 miles and the odometer was changed ??? and therefore would read zero ?? I am awaiting DVLA response to my request for details of first owner its a £5 but well worth it if it gets me the answers I need.

sounds iffy.

contacting the previous owner is best. if its not had an insurance claim (own fault accident and 3rd party insurance) that dosnt mean that its not been involved in an accident.

the verso was built in japan and turky not burnaston but even so as said the panel gaps should be good max of 1.5mm difference side to side etc.

dont quote me on this but is it possible that if you have the engine in car replaced; you can ask to have the mileage reset to match the miles on the replacement engine??

although if this was the case i bet it would have to be done by an insurance approved mechanic and therefore it would be on the insurance - same way changes in reg plate would be.

it definitely sounds iffy though; personally id be trying my best to take it back

dont quote me on this but is it possible that if you have the engine in car replaced; you can ask to have the mileage reset to match the miles on the replacement engine??

although if this was the case i bet it would have to be done by an insurance approved mechanic and therefore it would be on the insurance - same way changes in reg plate would be.

it definitely sounds iffy though; personally id be trying my best to take it back

Most catagorically NO

The offence would not be to tamper with the speedo, but to offer a vehicle for sale with a false description

If a car has a new engine fitted, the correct procedure is to make a note in the service book and stamp it with the dealer stamp, noting the mileage when changed

Cars can have body repairs without any records being found on HPI or insurance registers. A car can have a lot of damage before it shows up!

Your best course of action is to get an independant engineer to inspect the car, you will have to pay for this (The AA RAC etc can help) See what they say and then look at your options, IF you have a case, you will be able to claim back the costs incured

Kingo :thumbsup:

Most catagorically NO

The offence would not be to tamper with the speedo, but to offer a vehicle for sale with a false description

If a car has a new engine fitted, the correct procedure is to make a note in the service book and stamp it with the dealer stamp, noting the mileage when changed

Cars can have body repairs without any records being found on HPI or insurance registers. A car can have a lot of damage before it shows up!

Your best course of action is to get an independant engineer to inspect the car, you will have to pay for this (The AA RAC etc can help) See what they say and then look at your options, IF you have a case, you will be able to claim back the costs incured

Kingo :thumbsup:

sounds iffy.

contacting the previous owner is best. if its not had an insurance claim (own fault accident and 3rd party insurance) that dosnt mean that its not been involved in an accident.

the verso was built in japan and turky not burnaston but even so as said the panel gaps should be good max of 1.5mm difference side to side etc.

Thanks but the previous owner will not correspond with me.

Looks like I am winning, following a letter to the MD the dealership is taking it back to rectify the problems and I am waiting for the DVLA to inform me who the original owner was (only 2 owners + myself ) He /she may give me more info. Cheers for all your advice...Geoff