Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Break Failure

tinycruiser06

Has anyone had any problems with Break caliper seals?

Has anyone received a letter from Toyota Re: Break failure recall?

Just enquiring as i have a 2006 auto diesel cruiser and have heard rumors about breaking problems.

Thanks.

Has anyone had any problems with Break caliper seals?

Has anyone received a letter from Toyota Re: Break failure recall?

Just enquiring as i have a 2006 auto diesel cruiser and have heard rumors about breaking problems.

Thanks.

no brake failure recals for this quind of problem

toyota say that you should replace the brake caliper but you can order a repair kit for the brake calpier and if it is nesesarly you can order and brake calpier pistons with thouse you can repair you brake caliper

• 2 weeks later...

As above, no recalls as such on the brake calipers although there is a prob with the pistons seizing in the front calipers. Parts have been modified if i remember correctly to cure this problem.

Yep, from what I've read sofar on the LC - the earlier models I think pre 06 - there have been issues with the front calipers ceasing up. MR T seem to replace these under warranty (though dont quote me on it) The LC I'm looking at (LC4 05 reg) has at least one caliper looked at (not sure if MR T would automatically change both front ones to make sure all is ballanced up ok...

Regards

Rob

B)

• 2 months later...

A quick question to ya...

how do you notice that the caliper is actually ceasing when you drive?

Reason I ask is that when I went to break this morning at low speed up to 30mph it felt like the ABS kicked in but I still skidded a little. Never really experienced this before, so kinda wondering if there is an issue with the breaks.

Later on I hit the breaks doing about 40-50mph and all was ok....

Is this the sign of the other caliper ceasing up, the offside has already been changed by previous owner....

Regards

Rob

B)

This thread goes to show that:

When your BRAKES BREAK the car will not BRAKE...................In fact you could say the car is BROKEN ;) :P