Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Average Mpg Best I've Managed

dave.m

Ok, deduct the 5% error on the trip computer, plus I decided to stick between 60 and 65 MPH for the whole motorway

part of my journey. With the horrendous tailbacks etc when travelling on the friday afternoon of a bank holiday weekend

it wasn't too hard to keep the speed down :rolleyes: But still pretty good I reckon.

100_0923.jpg

How on earth did you do that? The only way I could manage that would be to reset the gauge, roll down a hill in neutral, and I reckon it would still be no better than 45mpg !!! ;)

If thats the mileage for the whole trip Dave then its brilliant, I have posted my mpg showing 60+ but that was only for about 50 miles and i was doing my very best to achieve this, then i found out that my OBC shows about 10% out :( I have just been done on a speed camera 35 in a 30 zone would you believe, on an open country road as well so going to have to be a bit more carefull, hopefully this will improve my fuel consumption.. I once virtually coasted the last 3 miles into Pitlochry + achieved 98.5mpg. :thumbsup: stew See pic below but not realistic i hasten to add :rolleyes:

985mpg.jpg

Ok, deduct the 5% error on the trip computer, plus I decided to stick between 60 and 65 MPH for the whole motorway

part of my journey. With the horrendous tailbacks etc when travelling on the friday afternoon of a bank holiday weekend

it wasn't too hard to keep the speed down :rolleyes: But still pretty good I reckon.

100_0923.jpg

Averaged 58 [OBC] on Sunday on a trip of 118 miles that started on Glos /Oxon border and took me on the A417 and A329 along the Vale of the White Horse :horse: , over the Berkshire downs with lots of up and down twisty stuff and sheep :baaa: [waved to Ducerduncs when I saw the Didcot towers :yahoo: - he will know the road I suspect], along the Thames at Streatley and Pangbourne :boat: into and through Reading centre where I got caught in a traffic jam caused by a lot of !Removed! folk marching to show their pride :oops: , into a housing estate to collect a shiny rear bar [e-bay bargin at £26] :thumbsup: and then back home along the M4 via Swindon [cruisecontrol]. Didn't break any speed limits but didn't hang about either :driving: . Started with a full tank and only myself in the RAV. Actually averaged 62mpg on the outward leg.

I put it down to the fact that I had only just waxed the RAV with Carnauba and it was really slippery ;)

Have been keeping a record since new and at 15200 miles the overall average is 42.8 calculated.

100_0923.jpg

Averaged 58 [OBC] on Sunday on a trip of 118 miles that started on Glos /Oxon border and took me on the A417 and A329 along the Vale of the White Horse :horse: , over the Berkshire downs with lots of up and down twisty stuff and sheep :baaa: [waved to Ducerduncs when I saw the Didcot towers :yahoo: - he will know the road I suspect], along the Thames at Streatley and Pangbourne :boat: into and through Reading centre where I got caught in a traffic jam caused by a lot of !Removed! folk marching to show their pride :oops: , into a housing estate to collect a shiny rear bar [e-bay bargin at £26] :thumbsup: and then back home along the M4 via Swindon [cruisecontrol]. Didn't break any speed limits but didn't hang about either :driving: . Started with a full tank and only myself in the RAV. Actually averaged 62mpg on the outward leg.

I put it down to the fact that I had only just waxed the RAV with Carnauba and it was really slippery ;)

Have been keeping a record since new and at 15200 miles the overall average is 42.8 calculated.

One of my favourite journeys down through Streatley and Pangbourne along side the river. When Iveco had their place at Langley, I used to stay at the Copper or the George in Pangbourne and walk along the river in the evening (brill!) and watch Dunc's forerunners hurtle up and down the GW mainline - noisey bgrs!

Shcm has recorded some really good fuel consumption and will hopefully comment when he looks in. Going to work over the hills (LH will tell you they are steep around here!) I tend to get high 30s/low 40s. BTW I found Excellium diesel the other day at Hull but only when I started putting it in did I get the price on the display £121.9 :eek: . It runs really nice on it though :thumbsup:

100_0923.jpg

My best ever "brim-to-brim" full tank MPG was 51.51. All the way from Saltaire to Shaffhausen. The OBC said 58.5, so about an 11.9% error. From here to Hull the OBC said 68! Still can't make any sense of the errors, there seems to be no common reason for their magnitude. Best ( least ) error was 5.3% in September '08 and worst 18.2% in December '08. It seems to average about 10.6%. Capacity of the tank is interesting: biggest ever refill was just over 55 litres, but I normally put in just over 50. Average since new: 40.9 MPG.

HA :P :P :P :P you 4.3 lot cant have it all your own way...

So for us 4.2 owners here's mine....(doubt the petrol mob will get near) :unsure::unsure:

IMG00223.jpg

All true and above board.........Govnor B) B) B)

100_0923.jpg

My best is 45.6 MPG Tank to tank and the OBC stated av 50.4 MPG so know where near that but its something to aim for :thumbsup:

Normally i average 41 MPG tank to tank with mixed driving , Im happy with that !!!

Well my onboard computer recorded 43 mpg during a very gentle 170 mile run and when I put my rose coloured glasses on and checked the consumption it was exactly spot on ..... honest.... Er ok I havn't checked but I can only dream of your consumption figures.

I did know what I was getting myself into though when I bought the car. I drove the D4D and it straight away went up to 40+ mpg.. then I drove the T180 and could only dream of such high figures.

You pays your money and you makes your choice... I just chose a bit more Ooomph and a few more toys.

Mereside

HA :P :P :P :P you 4.3 lot cant have it all your own way...

So for us 4.2 owners here's mine....(doubt the petrol mob will get near) :unsure::unsure:

IMG00223.jpg

All true and above board.........Govnor B) B) B)

60.7 pathetic Chatters :D

608mpg.jpg

60.8 + fully loaded + in Scotland not Essex where theres barely a hill worth mentioning :yes::thumbsup:

Arrr but my outside temperature beats yours.... :P :P

We had hills in Essex....Just last time some Manchurians came to visit... they nicked em.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've had mid to high 50's over quite a few runs but over a true full tank brim to brim my best for 53mpg which i thought was extremely impressive although a much more realistic daily avg is 43mpg for where its driven and what it is used for.

Which is exactly what my T180 Auris does, my last tank brim to brim on the t180 was 44mpg and i'm showing 46mpg now but this always drops slightly as i do more mixed driving.

All in, i'm happy with the consumption of my toyota diesels, especially the Rav as it does have guts and lugs a great family car.

And i don't drive slowly, just v.smoothly. Incidentally i also had a new Avensis estate 150bhp diesel which i drove a good 1k. For the most part it averaged a very nice 47mpg with a truely stuffed car. Which managed 42mpg after lots of hill driving and town journeys.

Chip em all and get more MPG ;)

Oh L_H's is chipped :blush::lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Arrr but my outside temperature beats yours.... :P :P

We had hills in Essex....Just last time some Manchurians came to visit... they nicked em.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was the scousers nicked your hills + flogged them to us Mancs :yes:

Notice also, I had a full tank which costs Lewis Hamilton 0.2573467854 secs a lap, I think this is worth mentioning with regards to my fuel consumption, if i had a lighter fuel load especially up the hills (which you haven't got) i could have achieved 60.9 mpg :thumbsup::toast:

It was the scousers nicked your hills + flogged them to us Mancs

Yeh and you fitted them wrong and now Manchester is full of huge holes.

Hey Stewpot, less rounding up, we like accurate info here. You round your fares in the same way?

How can someone from Derbyshire say Manchester is full of holes :D Ours are noble holes caused by things like the manchester bomb :o

In Derbyshire you call your holes caverns + turn them into tourist attractions selling bits of shiny stone for hundreds of £s to gullible foreigners :yes::yes:

How can someone from Derbyshire say Manchester is full of holes :D Ours are noble holes caused by things like the manchester bomb :o

In Derbyshire you call your holes caverns + turn them into tourist attractions selling bits of shiny stone for hundreds of £s to gullible foreigners :yes::yes:

We'll do anything for money!!!

Well apart from working for a living or driving trains..... :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Seems National Express gets all their staff from Derbyshire.....

Well apart from working for a living or driving trains..... :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Seems National Express gets all their staff from Derbyshire.....

We get single time plus £20 for a Sunday and I think that is OK. I'd sack those greedy bgrs at London Midland. No wonder they volounteer for Sundays, they must be getting arond £350 for one day (and was there a day in lieu as well?). Half of them would end up stacking shelves if they lost their jobs as they date back to the day you could get promoted from a carriage cleaner. None of that now and the assessments are very hard. I addressed 100 applicants for 3 driving jobs at a recruitment function a few weeks ago and real good professional people were vitually in tears as the day went on and they got eliminated. They had been wittled down from an original 500 applicants.

And you are right Chatters, it is the easiest money I have ever earned. I just have to be prepared to keep my wits when something goes wrong or somebody throws themself under but other than that it is money for old rope!!!

Hi - and thanks for depressing me! The best I seem to be able to get from my 2 litre petrol Rav4.2 is 29.1mpg [which I reset every thousand miles or so]. Next time I change my wheels I will be aiming for a diesel... Jo

Hi - and thanks for depressing me! The best I seem to be able to get from my 2 litre petrol Rav4.2 is 29.1mpg [which I reset every thousand miles or so]. Next time I change my wheels I will be aiming for a diesel... Jo

Hi and welcome to the meandering mayhem that is the RAV section of the TOC. This is the place where drifting off topic has been reduced to an artform - generally by the moderators ;) The diesel/petrol debate is rarely off the radar here for more than a few weeks. I think the general concensus is that you need to be doing more than average mileage to make the capital investment in diesel pay off. HOWEVER, the price differential on the fuels has just about disappeared ( thank goodness ) and the upward trend in fuel prices seems inevitable, so even if you have to rely on residual value to balance the books I can't see you loosing out by going for diesel.

If you stick arround one of our caledonian cousins, Bothwell Buyer will log in and explain that if you want 400BHP on tap, you can't rely on Kingo's diesel chips to provide it. He is not around so much at the moment as he is busy converting Anchorman's train to run on 2 Toyota F1 engines, but he will be back ( we hope )!

Don,t be depressed mate, if you knew what i had to do to achieve 60.8 mpg which is totally inaccurate by the way, I'd sooner top myself than drive like that forever, despite the figures you are seeing, 40mpg is about the most we see driving reasonably normal, and if you have a petrol you won't get the dreaded DMF at £1600 to cure, so if you add that into the calculation theres plenty to be said for sticking with petrol.. The other mans grass is not always greener :thumbsup: Stew

Don,t be depressed mate, if you knew what i had to do to achieve 60.8 mpg which is totally inaccurate by the way, I'd sooner top myself than drive like that forever, despite the figures you are seeing, 40mpg is about the most we see driving reasonably normal, and if you have a petrol you won't get the dreaded DMF at £1600 to cure, so if you add that into the calculation theres plenty to be said for sticking with petrol.. The other mans grass is not always greener :thumbsup: Stew

Trouble is stewpot, if you don't drive like that you might run out of points!!! Between the devil and the deep blue sea..................

Trouble is stewpot, if you don't drive like that you might run out of points!!! Between the devil and the deep blue sea..................

You can always rely on some sympathy from the Moderators Stew!

You can always rely on some sympathy from the Moderators Stew!

I did offer him a file :P .

Sorry if I seem unsympathetic Stew. Just to make up for it here is some good advice. Whatever you do don't drop the soap in the shower :rolleyes: