Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

3s-fse

SF695

I've heard about something called a 3S-FSE engine, which as the code does tell you, is a 3S-FE with Direct Injection. It was the last 3S-F made and was also fitted with VVTi

Assuming this engine really was made, can anyone tell me in which car it was used? The RAV4 maybe?

The 3S is a 2.0 litre engine used from the late 80's through to the early 00's.

Was in MR2s, Celicas, RAV4s ..

There were 3 specs for the head.

FE - economy head, 120ish bhp.

GE - Sports head, 150ish (early) to 200ish (late) bhp.

GTE - Turboed, 200ish (early US spec) to 280ish (late JDM only) bhp.

The latest generation of 200bhp GE engines were called "beams".

There were two types made.

Red Top - Red cam cover, 200ps (197 bhp) found in the last Celicas and MR2s made.

Black Top - Black cam cover, 210ps (207 bhp) found in the 2.0 4pot Altezza RS (JDM IS200, with a 4 cylinder engine).

The red top had VVTi on the intake, the black top had VVTi on intake and exhaust.

I'd not heard about direct injection. Maybe you mean this?

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12629

Yes the 3S-FSE does exist. Its a normal 3S-FE but with Direct Injection meaning it burns very efficiently.

They didnt make them for very long and im only aware onf the JDM Corona ever being fitted with it (Import version of the mk1 Avensis). I dont think it has VVTI, but it possible as the 1JZ-FSE and 2JZ-FSE did have VVTI.

Engine1_small1.jpg

Yes the 3S-FSE does exist. Its a normal 3S-FE but with Direct Injection meaning it burns very efficiently.

They didnt make them for very long and im only aware onf the JDM Corona ever being fitted with it (Import version of the mk1 Avensis). I dont think it has VVTI, but it possible as the 1JZ-FSE and 2JZ-FSE did have VVTI.

Engine1_small1.jpg

Ok, thanks for the info. So it was a JDM engine only? My Avensis has the old conventional 3S-FE. Too bad they didn't put the D4 on it here in Europe

According to my information however, it does indeed feature VVTi. Actually it was the first Toyota engine with Direct Injection and maybe the first with VVTi

The 3S is a 2.0 litre engine used from the late 80's through to the early 00's.

Was in MR2s, Celicas, RAV4s ..

There were 3 specs for the head.

FE - economy head, 120ish bhp.

GE - Sports head, 150ish (early) to 200ish (late) bhp.

GTE - Turboed, 200ish (early US spec) to 280ish (late JDM only) bhp.

The latest generation of 200bhp GE engines were called "beams".

There were two types made.

Red Top - Red cam cover, 200ps (197 bhp) found in the last Celicas and MR2s made.

Black Top - Black cam cover, 210ps (207 bhp) found in the 2.0 4pot Altezza RS (JDM IS200, with a 4 cylinder engine).

The red top had VVTi on the intake, the black top had VVTi on intake and exhaust.

I'd not heard about direct injection. Maybe you mean this?

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12629

No, i mean 3S-FSE. The latter S stands for Direct Injection. Z stands for supercharger. Thus a 3S-FZE(if such a thing exists) would be a supercharged 3S-FE, not featuring Direct Injection

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links