Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Do I Remove The Inner Door Panel?

benchan

Hi,

Please could someone tell me how I can remove the plastic inner panel from the front doors?

I think there is a loose "bolt" inside the door and I want to have a look.

Thanks.

Ben

Pry off the silver handle cover, starting at the rear edge, remove the two

screws now revealed and the one at the pullhandle for opening the door.

Now start prying off the panel at the bottom edge and work your way around.

If you want illustrations, download the AIM for installing

SoundPack2 from the Toyota TechDoc site.

I was also wondering this, as I want to replace the door Speakers sometime soon, ive been meaning to do it for ages. When I pull the panel off, Im not going to accidently rip any wires out with it for the electric windows am I?

Me too - ours has a small shopping trolley dint which needs pushing out. Technical info is easy enough to follow. Are the clips holding the door card on the type that break as soon as you look at them?

When I pull the panel off, Im not going to accidently rip any wires out with it for the electric windows am I?

Not when you pop out the switch first...

There's an indentation on the seam between the doorcard "pod" and

the top cap the switch sits in. Stick in a large flatbladed screwdriver,

pop up the little cap, unplug the switch and you're good to go...

Pry off the silver handle cover, starting at the rear edge, remove the two

screws now revealed and the one at the pullhandle for opening the door.

Now start prying off the panel at the bottom edge and work your way around.

If you want illustrations, download the AIM for installing

SoundPack2 from the Toyota TechDoc site.

Could you possibly post a direct web link for the doc?

I can't seem to find the correct doc on the TechDoc site.

Thanks.

While you have the door trim off, check the door membrane is stuck down properly. If it isnt get some silicone adhesive or similar to refix it to the door.

When these arent stuck down you will get water entry into the car.

The noise you think is a bolt....does it happen when you close the door? If so just check that the check strap (viseable when you open the door) isnt just loose causing the noise. Would save removing the door card.

Mart.

• 1 year later...

Hi, not meaning to hijack the topic, i've scuffed my 3 week old Aygo door panel (the door pocket) when getting out of the car, with the plastic being extremely soft :(

I'm looking at replacing it at some point, and will use the information above, my question is, would i need to replace the whole door panel, or can i just replace the pocket as it appears that they're two separate parts - and where on earth can i get these from?

Cheers

I'd try a breaker. The Aygo's been on market for over 6 years now, sothere should be lots of parts.

If it's a front door you can also look for the peart from a Peugeot 107 or Citroën C1 with the same

number of doors. The fronts are interchangable between the three, but the 3dr cars have longer

doors than the 5dr and the rear doors are very different.

The Panels ARE two bits, but it's probably easier/smarter to replace the entire panel at once.

Hi, not meaning to hijack the topic, i've scuffed my 3 week old Aygo door panel (the door pocket) when getting out of the car, with the plastic being extremely soft :(

I'm looking at replacing it at some point, and will use the information above, my question is, would i need to replace the whole door panel, or can i just replace the pocket as it appears that they're two separate parts - and where on earth can i get these from?

Cheers

I'd try to follow Jan's advice re a breakers. You might be in for a big shock if you price up a new panel! Believe it or not a Mk 2 Yaris rear door panel is £250. :eek: Has to be made from 24K gold? Compare that to a Vauxhall Meriva rear door panel at £160 and the GM jobby is made from infinitely superior and more durable materials.

Possibly the Aygo parts are a bit cheaper?

Aygo parts are expensive too. I just hear from a friend that a center console (the bit around the gearstick)

is about €260 from Toyota! While Peugeot only charges €60 or so for the EXACT same piece of plastic...

That's why I mentioned Peugeot and Citroen: part of the reason these cars are siblings was keeping

cost down: take advantage of that and shop for interchangable parts at the other brands!

• 8 years later...

Thanks guys, just bought a 13 plate with 19k miles on it, intention being a a tow car behind motorhome.

Very useful info 're door card removal as the crappy push plate that holds the door (key) lock in place was loose, not even a large nut to hold it in place, just a push (tap) on twisted plate. PU40'd after bending it so it holds it tight.