Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Member+plus Angel Eyes

etihad

Hello people, this is my first toyota, and hopefully the 1st of many to come! i uploaded some pic's of it.

Need opinions though, do you think that it will look nice with the t-sport/compressor rear spoiler?

Plus where can i get angel eyes HID kits for this toyota, i live in leeds btw.

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/etihad2009/001.jpg

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/etihad2009/006.jpg

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/etihad2009/004.jpg

Welcome to the club! :thumbsup:

Car looks good... deffo needs a rear spoiler tho!

Whereabouts in Leeds you from?

Thanks mate,

I live in cookridge, otherside off headingley near lawnswood school.

I have been trying to get a rear spoiler toyota qouted 250+vat, i would rather chew off my arm!

acouple on eBay but i don't know if they are the t-sport/compressor spoilers, plus i don't want to be drilling holes into my car, wonder if you just stick them on.

nice, almost same as mine

mines the 1.6 facelift T3 wbu?

personally im not a huge fan of the compressor spoiler , mine has a smoother, more rounded one (i have no idea if its genuine toyota or not). ill try get some photos

are your windows tinted?? if so which ones and how much?

and also the wheels look tinnnnyyy - and it looks higher at back than front :huh: is it lowered??

few little things to do and it will look sweet ;)

btw toyotas are addictive, im not quite 20 yet and im on my third ;)

this is the colour collection 06.

yeah the windows are tinted, front are 35% back windows are 30% and the back rear window is 30%, i got them done by cappuccino tints, Very very very professional job, he came round to my house and did it, took him 2 hours and life time warrenty. in total it was £170, but worth every penny. The wheels are 17" low profile, but yeah it looks higher at the back, but i don't want to lower it, spoiles the ride.

So what would you advise? iam just wanting a spoiler and some HID kit's. I want the car to look slik rather than bad boy racer.

p.s we have 3 cars at my house honda and 2 toyota's. nothing apart from !Removed! are welcome on my drive...lol

not sure pal i think no matter what you do it wont look right unless you lower it.

not sure if u have seen my car, i posted up a pic there in another thread, check it out if you havent already

i have 18s with low profile tyres - which overall are the same diameter as the standard wheels + tyres (thats assuming the standard tyres have a profile of 60, this is what came on the standard rims)

the ride is a little harsh at times, but nowhere near as bad as my old yaris t sport; i think the tte springs are a real quality product.

plus if you increase youre tyre profile a little next time, youll get a little more comfort - id definitely be lowering it though!

yea im with you about looking slick; HID kits are very expensive though - and I THINK strictly speaking are illegal unless the car was set up for them (but you almost certainly wont get pulled for it); maybe get some good quality xenon bulbs instead!

ahh your windows arent legal then are they, not sure if theyre OK for MOT, but if not then if the police ever pull you for it then u will because im pretty sure that 35% would take you beyond the legal requirement (dont forget all car windows come tinted a certain %. for that reason i will likely only do the back (although i WOULD do the front if it was legal because i have real difficulty seeing sometimes. and £170 for whole car seems like a bargain, ive been quoted £120 for back 3.

soooo to summarise what I would do is:

slightly bigger profile tyres next time youre due to change,

TTE lowering springs,

good quality xenon bulbs (fogs too!) - the Philips ones have been recommended to me

a nice spoiler - but not the T sport one personally, it is a T Sport spoiler so to me its trying to make the car look like something its not (a T Sport lol) - and im not keen on the little wings at the sides

:thumbsup:

yeah all HID kits are illegal, unless they come with the car from factory, but even so i want some angel lights with 6000-8000k xenon's.

The legal limit to you front side windows are 35% anything below is illegal thats why i got 30% on the back, otherwise i would of got 30% on the front. I have pulled up to countless t5, and police cars, none of them said anything. I have had 1 at the traffic lights told me to put the window down and asked me where i got the windows tinted becuase he wanted some...lol. go figure! and yes he was a police man.

Hmm, i think iam gonna keep the wheels, but as you said get bigger low profile tyres, and wait till i have money, i want to get some oz anniversary wheels, they are sexual!, and easily the best looking wheels i think that are around!!

what do you think off the sr spoiler?

yea but its 35% in total - the windows are already tinted a little!! youve got away with it until now but dont forget you only need to be caught once :P

whyd you get less on the back though? i dont get that you can have the back 3 windows blacked out if you want lol

dont get me wrong i like the wheels, they just look a bit disconnected from the car as they are lol - think you will lower??

goes without saying car will handle better too if lowered!

not sure what the SR spoiler looks like tbh, you have a pic? it could well be the one i have

alright mate im from leeds as well live in alwoodley i drive around headingley quite a lot and around leeds, got my tints from cappucino too that pepe guys a bit crazy lol, i got my spoiler from some website u can get em everywhere, its similar to the t-sport one they look quality, then got it sprayed and fitted in bradford for around 80quid, definately need a spoiler though.

oh in terms of fitting it i think the company drilled and stuck it on, u dont want it falling off lol

it looks nice becuase it all blends in it's lighter than gets darker gradually. yeah i know what you mean about the wheels, abit skint at the moment. wanna lend a brother acouple of 100 quid lol, for donation purpose...lol.

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/c...e=autotrader-uk

have a look at them mate they are sr

arent those the same as the t sport spoiler??

thats not the one i have, im looking for it now

I see a Leeds meet forming..... :lol:

The SR spoiler is the same as the T Sport ;)

is there another toyota spoiler available gaz?

ive looked on google but i cant see another one anywhere lol

mine is basically just smooth and round and doesnt sit just flush with the roof, a little tiny bit higher. (a t sport spoiler without the edges!)

any ideas?

drill holes, ouch!!, when iam driving i drive like a drunk trying to avoid potholes, and put pressure on the shocks and the car, sad? maybe..lol, gonna take me while to gather the courage and let them drill into my car lol.

hmm, so what spoiler you guys suggest?, plus anyone ever seen oz anniversary wheels for sale?

it is and it isnt

in form its like that, if not a bit chunkier - but mine sits parallel to the roof from what i can remember and its slightly raised from the roof

DSCF0426.jpg

DSCF0422.jpg

those are the best photos i have atm

no worries mate, i will have a look when i get home, iam at work at the moment, work for ambulance. just had a great idea, what if i put the whole blue flashing lights and sirens, muahaha!. never seen a toyota used by popo or ambulance

is there another toyota spoiler available gaz?

ive looked on google but i cant see another one anywhere lol

mine is basically just smooth and round and doesnt sit just flush with the roof, a little tiny bit higher. (a t sport spoiler without the edges!)

any ideas?

Yup, the one from your pics above was fitted to some of the colour collection's as a dealer option.

The SR and T Sport's got a TTE styled one

:thumbsup:

I love that colour on the 'rolla.

I like the standard spoiler, but I guess it wouldn't look too bad to put a different one on.

ah cool its a genuine toyota spoiler then, good stuff :D

no idea of part number sorry!! no receipt or anything in my log book but it sounds from what you guys say there were only ever 2 spoilers made by toyota for the corolla so if its not the TTE one, it must be mine :P