Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wind Deflectors

Wiilm

Thanks for the suggestion, are you personally using deflectors from eBay?

Many on eBay only sell 4 window kits with exhorbitant postal rates that bump up the price, Most only use paypal (I don't) and I've read that several cheaper deflectors (not car specific) have tricky fixing methods that can catch on your windows, moreover some trimming of the deflectors themselves can also be required.

I had a pair of Toyota deflectors fitted by main dealer last year, cost £85 inc. vat. I got the impression they were a bit tricky to fit, and, unfortunately the retaining studs on drivers' side fell out after a week or so, took the car back (to a different branch of same dealer) who fitted new studs and deflector. Since then no problems, although it is quite difficult to clean the insides of them, or the top of the side windows underneath them, unless the window is lowered slightly.

I am pleased with them overall, the certainly keep a lot of wind and rain out as long as the window is only lowered a couple of inches or so. I also think the genuine Toyota ones are deeper than those shown on eBay, judging by the pictures.

Thanks for the feedback Duffryn, as well as whilst driving I like to be able to keep the window open an inch or so if it's raining and we're pulled over for a flask and a sandwich. Otherwise we mist up and can't see the view.

£85 is over my budget, so I found out a little bit more about the Climair deflectors.

Climair wind deflectors are manufactured in Germany to the highest standards with full T.U.V approval and a two year guarantee. Climair wind deflectors install quickly inside the vehicle window channel and do not stick on the outside. Climair are an OEM approved supplier to the world's finest vehicle manufacturers.

I'll give them a ring and ask about their fitting method: 020 8309 7744

Anyone tried them?

I only need front pair I've seen these climair ones which sound good - especially the simple fitting process - but they seem rather expensive? tho' postage on light items is free.

http://www.extremeautoaccessories.co.uk/se...wind+deflectors

I fitted the climair ones earlier this year,the drivers side window sometimes sticks, but I think this is down to the autowinder on that side, I just give it a gentle nudge and it winds down ok. :thumbsup:

To Willm,

Climair have a retail shop open to public & trade alike based in Sidcup - Kent. Contact number is 020 8309 7744, hope this is of help, deflectors are pure quality unlike alot of tat of a certain online auction site who seam to have taken over part requirement for most vehicles.

Regards, Beagh.

To Willm,

Climair have a retail shop open to public & trade alike based in Sidcup - Kent. Contact number is 020 8309 7744, hope this is of help, deflectors are pure quality unlike alot of tat of a certain online auction site who seam to have taken over part requirement for most vehicles.

Regards, Beagh.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Avensis-2003-...id=p3286.c0.m14

To XMAN,

Well spotted, point taken.

Regards, Beagh.

PS: The tat at bottom of page with RED cross are not made by Climair or do you know otherwise ??????????????????????? Still a good spot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They are great and look good too. ;)

They are very easy to fit (and remove) once you've worked out how not to fit them

Aside from bending it a bit to get the rear in, the main trick when fitting is to angle out the front base of the deflector a tad, so that the outer edge of the base just rests on the chrome trim, then the window will fully close easily. (not totally apparent from climair's crappy installation photos) Then you have to lower and raise the window a few times to bed in the deflector.

I have to say it is dreadful roof and door design by Toyota to allow the rain to pour down inside the door so easily - even when the window is only open a crack - without (wind) deflectors fitted.

I have to say it is dreadful roof and door design by Toyota to allow the rain to pour down inside the door so easily - even when the window is only open a crack - without (wind) deflectors fitted.

it's the norm these days & not just on Toyotas.

it's all down to improving the body aerodynamics.

Thanks I know it is to do with aerodynamics - still not clever though is it !

The vast majority of driving isn't spent in racing trains, planes and speedboats from London to the Alps :D it is conducted in sub 50/40/30 mph commuting and shopping where aerodynamics aren't important.

The degree varies from car to car, the Avensis cuts in and away quite radically at the front.

The vast majority of driving isn't spent in racing trains, planes and speedboats from London to the Alps :D it is conducted in sub 50/40/30 mph commuting and shopping where aerodynamics aren't important.

The degree varies from car to car, the Avensis cuts in and away quite radically at the front.

On our morning commute even 4th & 5th gears are surplus to requirements!!

To any Irish lad's heading North for a bit of shopping, what with the brilliant exchange rate at the moment. Just got email from Climair.UK. The official importer of Climair products are based in Ballymena contact nu: 0044-208-25648935, company called Motorsports & Spares, 48 to 50, Henry Street.

Better than getting shafted down here for nearly twice the price.

Regards, Beagh.

drag starts from 0mph ...

& having had a chat the other day with somebody who is about to return their Vx Insignia (Car of the Year 2009 ;)) to the dealer you could have far worse things to complain about .