Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Insurance

ratchet2112

Hello all,

Received my renewal notice last week, I have been with Toyota insurance for 6 years, and every year it increases by about £30 and every year i ask them to be a little more competitive, they usually after a lot of haggling meet my demands.

This year my policy is £461, after last years £429.

Made the call and they would not budge on price despite me telling them i could get "same" cover through AVIVA for £317

That's a big difference!

Anybody had dealings with AVIVA?

I tried confused.com and lots of quotes on there but I'm wary of using some of those insurers because after six years of throwing money at Toyota insurance where I know in the event of a claim I would have had no problems with them.

I'm a bit nervous about changing insurers but it is pointless paying over the odds for a policy

Anybody recommend/disapprove a car insurer?

cheers

Hello all,

Received my renewal notice last week, I have been with Toyota insurance for 6 years, and every year it increases by about £30 and every year i ask them to be a little more competitive, they usually after a lot of haggling meet my demands.

Made the call and they would not budge on price despite me telling them i could get "same" cover through AVIVA for £317

That's a big difference!

I tried confused.com and lots of quotes on there but I'm wary of using some of those insurers because after six years of throwing money at Toyota insurance where I know in the event of a claim I would have had no problems with them.

I'm a bit nervous about changing insurers but it is pointless paying over the odds for a policy

cheers

AVIVA is what used to be norwitch union direct, Who used too be quite a good brocker but then got a realy bad reputation for excessively high renewal prices " mine in 2001 went from £270 too £480 and the asian customer

service people had the attitude if you dont like it go someware else " which I did and I wont go back to them..

Yup same here.

have been with Tesco insurance for 5 years and they have just quoted me £436.

Aviva quoted me £277

Tip: If you fill out the Aviva online quote then save the details for future reference (without actually buying it) you will receive a phone call from Aviva a couple of days later, just tell them you've had a slightly cheaper quotation from Direct Line or somebody and Aviva will lower their quote.

Got mine for £270 in the end - £166 cheaper than Tescos

Got mine for £270 in the end - £166 cheaper than Tescos

I used to be with LV and they are a joke.... :lol::lol: HA HA ...got my quote from them for £400 and something ???..cant quite remember... did an online comparision with the LV web site and shaved £100 off straight away...exact same details... called them up and they would only budge by £40..... :huh:

Wife works for Tesco so gets staff discount on loads of stuff... got comparative quote from them.. + discount + Pressure washer free (worth £100) saved £150 quid = Happy new customer.... Wife also changed to Tesco from More Than :censor: :censor: and also got free pressure washer as well.... both our quotes = less than More Than wanted for just the wife's car and the monthly payments where also more than we pay now...

Insureance is a scam...they know we need it, you can't drive without it..so they just guess the prices I'm sure sometimes....Oh and it's nice to speak to a English speaking call centre in England who understand car insurance... Not some robot voiced indian call centre who have no idea.....

Just my 2p worth......

Hello all,

That's a big difference!

cheers

Aye well I had exactly the same about 3 weeks ago so I don't know if there is a new sales manager in there but they really cheesed me off. Same drill every year, they send me a quote for around £300 and I phone up and get 5% discount for price matching and another 5% for Club Toyota membership and this year they wouldn't budge on either. They said it was already discounted to the max and had already noted my Club Toyota discount. They are telling lies because I never told them and it wasn't in the paperwork (quote) as it always is.

They nearly got a letter and you've reminded me. After reminding them I insure my daughters car fully comp as well as us both having no claims, they eventually agreed to knock £10 off but I will flippin' dig in more with them next time. We might have to vote with our feet!

They nearly got a letter and you've reminded me. After reminding them I insure my daughters car fully comp as well as us both having no claims, they eventually agreed to knock £10 off but I will flippin' dig in more with them next time. We might have to vote with our feet!

£10 quid.... blinking heck AM............. want me to send the boys round :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: rough em up a bit... I would have told them where to stick the measly rebate....

£10 quid.... blinking heck AM............. want me to send the boys round :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: rough em up a bit... I would have told them where to stick the measly rebate....

I have just change my insurance from Zurich to CIS and save over £100 and reduced my excess from £350 to £200

The only thing I am losing is cover when my car goes for a service

The best part is they use a UK call centre and I can choose who repairs the car if I have an accident.

My wife also gets a no claims discount as well.

I have just change my insurance from Zurich to CIS and save over £100 and reduced my excess from £350 to £200

The only thing I am losing is cover when my car goes for a service

The best part is they use a UK call centre and I can choose who repairs the car if I have an accident.

My wife also gets a no claims discount as well.

Aye well I must admit I rather like the thougt of Toyota mending it with gen' parts and the excess was quite low (£200 I think).

Chatters - I know, I wasn't very happy but I'm going to write and tell them never to quote me with the Club Toyota membership again. Can you lend me some security guards off the estate to go and rough 'em up???

Well I got my renewal notice for the Rav4 at @ £430 from Morethan (G'tee courtesy car, protected no-claims, £250 excess)...went and compared, then phoned them to discuss...they immediately offered to knock £30 off....but that wasn't enough!

Probably Esure came top of the list for cheapest, but there was a lot of bad reviews about them, so went with the next cheapest at....wait for it.....Sheila's Wheels :huh:

At £358 for the exact same level of cover, I decided to ignore any possible taunts of being labelled as a lady driver and take the saving (which I can use to buy manly things...thus negating the fact I chose a 'chicks' insurance company). After all, why should they get all the best deals?

They also con you when you change cars...

My new XT-R is a lower group than our former T180, but I've not had a refund. The premium has stayed the same... :rolleyes:

They are all the same, maybe they do it because most people just accept the auto renewal and they get to squeeze a little more out of the customer.

Direct Line went from £320 to £370 earlier this year. I did a quote online and they matched it. It worked out cheap than the previous year in the end.

Try Halifax Insurance(esure). Renewal was £258 with mods i.e sidesteps,bull bar etc, 10k a year, £150excess. Without mods would have been £217

Also try Tesco Insurance (UK Insurance Limited) which would only insure without mods £245. You get £40 of vouchers plus club card points etc. The website is uncannily like Directlines! They might all be the same bunch?

If you get a quote via Directline's website the quote will be £10-£20 cheaper than Tesco's but no freebies.

I've been insured with Norwich Union in the past and they were a nightmare to deal with

I am with Bell Insurance now - went for them as they had the cheapest price from a recognised name, tbh, and only charged about £10 extra for a modified car. called them with a change of address and didn't get any admin charge and spoke to a person in the UK who deal with the update very smoothly.

Wifes punto was with RAC Insurance and they charged something like £15 to process change from a Punto to a Panda, and that change represented about 20% on top of the total insurance cost paid!

The last accident claim I made I was insured with Post Office who are a broker and the insurance company was actually Norwich Union and I found them very easy to deal with, but I think this was before they shifted their call centres abroad :censor:

Please try the official TOC club insurers, Sky Insurance

You can contact us on 02083645500 or PM me your contact details or email me ollief@skyinsurance.co.uk

Please mention TOC when you contact us.

Thanks

Ollie

Sky Insurance

I have worked out over the years that every broker and insurance company has a target group each year, this is people that meet a set criteria, ie car in a certain group, driver of a certain gender / age they they reduce their renewal quotes for that group to drag people in. Its well known in the industry that most people stay with the same company for 5 to 7 years which is why your premiums go up every year until you go some where cheaper and then every year your insurance goes up until you leave and go to someone who gives you a cheaper quote etc etc

every year I hit the comparison sites and usually mange to better my renewal quote by at least 10% and usually nearer 20% so its well worth the effort