Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis Creaking Clutch

jimtaxi

Hi all I have just had a 40000 service and my main dealer has told me that the clutch master cylinder needs replaced. This should stop the creaking of the clutch pedal when depressed. This is after 8 months of complaining about the clutch operation they noe act .!!!! keep you posted as to what happens after it has been replaced. Taxijim :(

Hi,

I have also experience the creaking pedal. The Toyota dealer stripped down the master cylinder to clean and lubricate the internals, however, this only stopped the noise for a few weeks.

At the moment the creak is not there, however, it will probably return as soon as the weather gets colder. I think that ultimatley I will need to have the master cylinder replaced. Does anyone know the cost of the parts and labour for this?

Hi,

I have also experience the creaking pedal. The Toyota dealer stripped down the master cylinder to clean and lubricate the internals, however, this only stopped the noise for a few weeks.

At the moment the creak is not there, however, it will probably return as soon as the weather gets colder. I think that ultimatley I will need to have the master cylinder replaced. Does anyone know the cost of the parts and labour for this?

I did get mine changed last year and it came at about £ 120 (labor and parts) give or take.

Gordi, you are more likely to get answers for your questions if you start a new thread for your question.

Anyways, I had the same problem, (at least all toyotas get the same problems. precision work ey? :P ).

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...mp;#entry788665

Has anybody else got the creaky steering wheel , I have had three Avensis and they have all been the same, as soon as the weather gets warmer the Wheel starts to creak when turned ? :o

its a rubber seal.

nothing to be worried of

• 3 months later...
Hi all I have just had a 40000 service and my main dealer has told me that the clutch master cylinder needs replaced. This should stop the creaking of the clutch pedal when depressed. This is after 8 months of complaining about the clutch operation they noe act .!!!! keep you posted as to what happens after it has been replaced. Taxijim :(

Car has now done 13000 since master cylinder replaced clutch operation has been normal, no creaking!! :D

Car has now done 13000 since master cylinder replaced clutch operation has been normal, no creaking!! :D

Had same problem a few months ago. Took off plastic cover by clutch pedal( remove a couple of screws and unclip), sprayed with WD40 using tube to get to pushrod as irt goes through bulkhead. This only cured the creaking for a couple of weeks, so i tried spraying with silicone spray (bought from Halfords). This seems to have cured problem.

Had same problem a few months ago. Took off plastic cover by clutch pedal( remove a couple of screws and unclip), sprayed with WD40 using tube to get to pushrod as irt goes through bulkhead. This only cured the creaking for a couple of weeks, so i tried spraying with silicone spray (bought from Halfords). This seems to have cured problem.

I had the creaking and just wiggled the bit of plastic in the bulkhead - it stops the creak for a while. Cold weather has silenced it too. I think silicone spray or similar will be my next choice.

• 2 weeks later...