Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1997 Camry Engine/reverse "r" Lights On

MN_CAMRY

Hello,

I have a Toyota Camry LE 1997 (4 cycl). It has 58,000 miles and has been running fine so far. Yesterday, when I started my car it showed three warning lights:

1) Check Engine

2) Tail light bulbs

3) "R" reverse gear

Car runs fine and there is no apparent change in the performance. Can you tell me what could have gone wrong? I am in Minnesota and we had lots of snow in last few days. Any help or suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you. :(

How old is your Battery??

as they age Cold weather kills them. I'm thinking if it got low enough there might have been a faulty reading getting back to the computer. making it think things are wrong.

Just a guess.

• 4 years later...

I just noticed the exact same problem with my 2001 camry v6 on my dash. Mabe someone could answer this problem. Also i notice that my brakes when applied when almost comming to a stop vibrate like crazy could somone help with this problem also. Thanks

• 2 months later...
:thumbsup: Similar thing happened to me & it was broken wire(s) running down the right hand boot arm (as you are facing the boot.) Bit of a weak point.Check if your reversing light is working, if it's not it could be that.

• 1 month later...

Hi ihad the same problem with my 2001 v6 and after a lot of searching i finally found the problem, which is the same problem you both are having. It's a simple fix for what seems like what is going to cost a lot of money to fix. It's the wires in your trunk , to be more exact the wires that are located along the wall close to where the trunk hinge is located 1 or 2 are not making contact, your going to have to use a test light or peel them back a bit. I am 100% sure your problem is coming from there. Let me know if this fixes your proble.