Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warning Light

Remoh1

Hi guys and gals,

I have a 54 plate RAV 4 and the amber warning light that is shaped like an engine has just come on, all the manual says is take it to a dealer or some other competant person, can anyone tell me what its warning me about

Hi guys and gals,

I have a 54 plate RAV 4 and the amber warning light that is shaped like an engine has just come on, all the manual says is take it to a dealer or some other competant person, can anyone tell me what its warning me about

Petrol or diesel? The most common petrol problem is oxygen sensor. Not the end of the world but just give us a bit more info. I am at JAE all day tomorrow and am a Steward at Nevill Hill open day Sunday so hopefully someone will comment. If not, sit tight!

If anybody likes trains and is in Yorkshire you might like the Open Day and it is open to the public.

sorry only gave half the info,

54 plate 2.0 vvti Petrol Automatic 5 doors in gold (even if the log book does say biege)

Gold! You never said gold. Oh dear that could terrible. Just kidding. Blimey you must have been sat watching - that was quick reply.

Sometimes those sensors are dead sensitive and go out of range quite easily. The simple way is to get the code (you can do this yourself if you buy a reader. Just search for "U480 code reader" on eBay and you will get one for less than £30).

Or go to a local garage and get the code and come back to us. You might well find if you get the light put out it doesn't come back on again for months or even years.

EDIT; If you visit JAE tomorrow I will take my reader and do it for you for nothing!!!

out of interest it passed its MOT last weekend (after new front shocks and a new tyre) is it something that they should have picked up?, it also had a new windscreen this afternoon , so you can imagine how pleased I was when the bl**dy light came on

TBH it is probably nothing to do with any of those. They always come in 3s!. Did you see my edit above?

thats a very kind offer and JAE is quite local to me but I have a very busy weekend so I doubt I'll be able to get there, is it free to get in to the JAE if I can rescheule a few things tomorrow?

If you read post No 403 here I believe you can take your car in for £2.50 or leave it in the car park (which is more) and I will come out to you.

I will take the code reader anyway so don't worry if you can't get there. It will save you about £27.50 if you can!!!

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...3667&st=400

I shall be doing my best to get over there tomorrow, thank you for being so generous :)

don't worry - its attention seeking ??????????? :lol: :lol:

I shall be doing my best to get over there tomorrow, thank you for being so generous :)

what the car or anchorman?

anyway cant make it over there :( but a quick disconnect , lunch and reconnect of the Battery has put the light out and later I will order a reader so if it comes back on I can get the code

thanks all for your help, especially anchorman

what the car or anchorman?

anyway cant make it over there :( but a quick disconnect , lunch and reconnect of the Battery has put the light out and later I will order a reader so if it comes back on I can get the code

thanks all for your help, especially anchorman

:thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

ok so the light has shown itself again today and thanks to the nifty reader I got from eBay heres whats wrong

P2238 Toyota Barometric Pressure Circuit Intermittent

now can anyone tell me what the hell that means :)

ok so the light has shown itself again today and thanks to the nifty reader I got from ebay heres whats wrong

P2238 Toyota Barometric Pressure Circuit Intermittent

now can anyone tell me what the hell that means :)

My info says bank 1 sensor 1 oxygen sensor. There is some recent info on this or pm duncerduncs as he located a good source.

Cheers

PS, put the light out again for now. It may run like that for weeks and it doesn't seem to affect MOT readings.

its out, and the car has just passed its MOT so I'm not going to panic, only seems to happen if I stretch its legs up the motorway for an hour or so then next time I start the car its on

thanks again Anchorman

O2 sensor positive current control circuit B1 S1 according to my Autel software (off the net). When my second sensor failed it was initially intermittant but then the light stayed on continously.