Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Brakes Qu

CALSHOT

Hello... after an earlier post i've got some new wheels ;-) ... now just need to invest in some brakes that aren't the rusty toyota standards.... i've been looking at Red Dots as my preference but it looks like i can get the pads and discs but not the caliper (think i'm saying the right thing?)... basically don't want the toyota rusty caliper anymore. Anyone now if you have to buy these separate?

Also does anyone have Red Dots, any problems encountered on fitting, do you need new hosing?

Many thanks.

I don't know anything about Red Dots. I fitted EBC & Redstuff.

Also you can refurbish your stock calipers. I did mine.

I you have a bit of money to spend then try a big brake kit. Couple of corporate members on CC UK sell them.

My fronts.

366801985.jpg

My rears.

366801990.jpg

I've Red Dot Grooved Discs and Pads on mine, these were fitted in September 2006 and I'm quite happy with them (I don't hammer the car though). AFAIK, the Discs are machined from Brembo blanks, so that's a good start. There's also an excellent guide to bedding in new Discs and Pads on the reddotracing website.

As regards your rusty Callipers, just give them a good clean with a wire brush, then paint in a colour of your choice with Calliper paint or Smoothrite. There's no need to remove them from the car, and new Callipers are expensive.

I you have a bit of money to spend then try a big brake kit. Couple of corporate members on CC UK sell them.

My fronts.

366801985.jpg

My rears.

366801990.jpg

off topic but. lol i love tht avatar grey racer,

A piece of 'Likwidart'. Horned Toyota Logo.

Corporate member on CC UK.

Also got my rear infills from him.

372331719.jpg

----

The Calipers look good. On the rear sets did you paint the hub or being EBC does it not rust as easy as standard toyotas?

Also is that a new splash guard or did you paint that too? Mine would probably snap if i pushed it due the rust!

...con't... just been looking at EBC discs.. for the pre facelift (which i have) they have one type of disc. Post face lift have 2 types of disc available which include the groved ones... but they're different in size... 255 diameter for Pre and 274 diameter for Post face lift... i presume that means i can't get the groved ones as they wouldn't fit (???)...