Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not A Great Start

craigy37

Picked up our iq yesterday got it home went to go out in it an hour later the car wont start so we had to push it out of the way to use our other car.

Also did anyone have two little black plugs left in thier car it says these should have been put in under the car but toyota tols us not to worry about them.

Not impressed so far

Hi,yes that is a bad start!!!!!.

If you managed to get it started what did you have to do?

Can you upload any pic's of the 2 plugs that were left in the car so that we can see what they might be?

Picked up our iq yesterday got it home went to go out in it an hour later the car wont start so we had to push it out of the way to use our other car.

Also did anyone have two little black plugs left in thier car it says these should have been put in under the car but toyota tols us not to worry about them.

Not impressed so far

I seem to remember someone else mentioned these plugs in a forum question some time ago, but I can't remember what they were eventually found to be intended to be used for.

Perhaps if you search back through the posts you might find the answer!

Why wouldn't it start?Was a reason found?

I believe the black plugs are to cap the chassis tubes - these are left off to allow the cars to be clamped during shipment from Japan.

Sorry to hear about the non-starting. SWMBO had a new Rover 420, this died on its first run but was traced to a connector popping out of the management system - hopefully, it's a silly like that.

Good luck.

Do you have to put the clutch down for it to start? (as on the Yaris)

With a manual gearbox yes you must put the clutch down for it to start.

But it shows: even a Toyota can have an off day..............don't worry.....it'll come out right and will give you big smiles i am shure.

Regarding the 2 little black plugs - These are bungs that are suppose to be fitted when the dealer pdi's the vehicle. They pop in the chassis to close a hole. When these cars are shipped from Japan they are chained tightly to stop movement in rough waters. Some dealers don't bother fitting them back. If you ask they will do it.

But what was the startproblem?

Ok i ended up reading the manual on how to start a car :thumbsup: it now starts ok as i have never had to put the clutch down before to start the car sorry for being a dunce LOL i did not start it at the dealer they started it for us

The black bungs have a small diagram on the bag it says they go underneath the the car will it do any harm if they are not fittted.

Ok i ended up reading the manual on how to start a car :thumbsup: it now starts ok as i have never had to put the clutch down before to start the car sorry for being a dunce LOL i did not start it at the dealer they started it for us

Yeah baby...! :yahoo::thumbsup:

Yeah baby...! :yahoo::thumbsup:

It certainly is always worth reading the Owners Manual whenever you get a new car.

Your dealer should have briefed you on that aspect of the car at the handover.

Pleased to hear that you have got it sorted out.......................now get out and enjoy the car :thumbsup:

So in conclusion: no problem at all :D

Yes it is fine now done 70 miles in it very nice car to drive and quite nippy for a 1.0 bit sluggish in 3rd but very smooth and the turning circle is amazing.