Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trading In The Rav

mick1020

Ive been looking to upgrade my 2006 06 xt3 rav with the style pack on it has 30500 miles on and in good condition in black .

Ive been offered an exhange at the local mr T for a 2006 56 xt4 with the style pack with 20500 miles on in carbon Quarz with me paying £3000 with 12 months toyota warranty . Does this seem ok ? as ive looked and there are a quite a few extra gadgets on the xt4 than my xt3 . I paid Around £12000 11 months ago and have done 10000 miles since then , the xt4 is up for sale for £15000 . All input would be greatfully received . Thanks :thumbsup:

my first reaction was no when you said he wants 3 grand but on reading the rest of your post he is effectively giving you the 12 grand you paid for your car so you have had 11 months motoring for nothing, thats not a bad deal

my first reaction was no when you said he wants 3 grand but on reading the rest of your post he is effectively giving you the 12 grand you paid for your car so you have had 11 months motoring for nothing, thats not a bad deal

Yer thats exactly what i was thinking , it sounds much better looking at it like that :thumbsup:

According to Glass's guide the XT4 should retail at a dealer for exactly £15,000 and the trade in price of your XT3 is £11,000 in average condition and £12,300 in excellent condition. So if it's the car you want then the price to change of £3,000 is about right. However if that is the dealers first offer then I would try a bit of haggling. Tell him you definitely want the car but your financies will not stretch above your car plus £2,500, if he says no then tell him to go away and discuss it with the sales manager as you can't go any higher and see what happens. Always worth a try.

Seems good to me to.

The motor trade is not usually this generous. Is there a catch?

Perhaps it's all about lack of used cars and their current high value (featured tonight on the news channels).

Ive been looking to upgrade my 2006 06 xt3 rav with the style pack on it has 30500 miles on and in good condition in black .

Ive been offered an exhange at the local mr T for a 2006 56 xt4 with the style pack with 20500 miles on in carbon Quarz with me paying £3000 with 12 months toyota warranty . Does this seem ok ? as ive looked and there are a quite a few extra gadgets on the xt4 than my xt3 . I paid Around £12000 11 months ago and have done 10000 miles since then , the xt4 is up for sale for £15000 . All input would be greatfully received . Thanks :thumbsup:

Mick, I think this is a great deal :yes: If you were to upgrade your existing car to XT4 spec that alone would cost the £3000 you are spending. Can't recall all the differences but.. Leather £1500 option, stability control, hillassist etc, climate control, electric sunroof? the only thing you lose out are roof rails , available for £200ish from kingo, Maybe if you wanted them your dealer may negotiate a set. on top of that you are getting a newer car with 12mths warranty, Its a definite YES from me, :thumbsup: Stew,

Also I have a C/Qutz xt4 and its not the easiest colour to keep clean (better than black) but looks stunning in sunshine,