Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Consumption

djbenny1

my best t-sport mpg is : 39 - driving up from London to Glasgow, it was a bit congested, 3 accidents, probally avg speed was 40-50

worst mpg: 29. country roads, using lot's of lift

Actually u can get better mpg on country roads with the t-sport then on the motor way. Reason

is speed limit. Doing 60 and u are using 45-50 mpg, doing 75 using 32mpg.

Not enough Lift if you managed 29mpg!

My worst has been 19mpg!

:lol:

My worst has been 19mpg!

true, on public roads here in the uk there is just not enough room to use enough lift :(

We will do a euro trip next month, traveling through Germany, no speed limits :rolleyes:

Anyone knows which motorways have no speed limits in Germany? I need to know for route planning :D

My worst has been 19mpg!

thats like my average for the past 3k miles lol :lol:

Have a 1600 VVTi, 2006 model. According to the computer on the stereo head unit, I get about 40/41 mpg overall. That's mostly running to and from work, 25 miles each way on "A" roads, hard to get over 50/60 mph on the way to work at 9am, but a bit quicker coming home at 9pm!!

I do notice that it is much thirstier if you get a bit errrr, spirited.... Drive it gently and it will do up to mid 40's mpg.

Al.

I get anything between around 33 to 36 mpg usually and that's with the auto box which is not as economical as a manual. I do use VPower though and that has improved consumption by a couple of mpg but of course that adds to the fuel bill.

To be honest I remember being disappointed with the fuel consumption when I first got the car and the Corolla E12 isn't exactly famous for fuel economy anyway but I have got used to it now. Its a cross I am prepared to bear to own an otherwise great car :thumbsup:

Filled up my car last night, did about 30 miles, mainly 30/40 limits, a bit of Dual Carriageway and 60 limits. Driving fairly gently but generally driving at the speed limit, and with a couple of overtakes. With air con on aswell. Got home and the computer was on 41mpg. So probably about 39 real.

I'd say there's something wrong somewhere if you can't get that from a 1.6!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links