Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Front Light - Is It Meant To Come On With Door?

Jsy_Rav4

Not sure if I'm going daft or not..... I thought the front interior light used to come on when the front doors opened (2004 RAV4 XT3 D4D)... Now, although the main cabin light above the rear seats comes on, the front light does not. Will illuminate if the manual switch is activated, and as there's only one space for a lamp in the front I assume electrically it's OK.

Could I have done anything to stop it working, or am I imagining that it used to come on ?

Anyone with a similar vehicle - could you confirm if your front light does come on before I spend ages trying to fix something that is working OK ?

Thanks

Not sure if I'm going daft or not..... I thought the front interior light used to come on when the front doors opened (2004 RAV4 XT3 D4D)... Now, although the main cabin light above the rear seats comes on, the front light does not. Will illuminate if the manual switch is activated, and as there's only one space for a lamp in the front I assume electrically it's OK.

Could I have done anything to stop it working, or am I imagining that it used to come on ?

Anyone with a similar vehicle - could you confirm if your front light does come on before I spend ages trying to fix something that is working OK ?

Thanks

Just check the switch position, on the later model there is off...on...DOOR first two positions self explanatory..DOOR setting means it comes on when door is opened..Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Doesn't come on in my 4.2 Always thought it was crazy but the dealer said it was designed like that! The rear seats and the luggage area lights come on but hell I don't drive from there!

Just check the switch position, on the later model there is off...on...DOOR first two positions self explanatory..DOOR setting means it comes on when door is opened..Hope this helps :thumbsup:

You'd think there would be one - but on the one I have, the only switch that there is is to turn on the light manually - it's single position (ie on/off) on the front light, and 2 position (ie on/off/door) on the rear seat light.....

Thought it might be something to do with opening / closing the front drivers door a number of times whilst ignition key turned (seem to recall a post somewhere where door codes were used to set certain controls, but can;t remember if it was Toyota or Audi that used that system - partner used to have an Audi A4)

You'd think there would be one - but on the one I have, the only switch that there is is to turn on the light manually - it's single position (ie on/off) on the front light, and 2 position (ie on/off/door) on the rear seat light.....

Thought it might be something to do with opening / closing the front drivers door a number of times whilst ignition key turned (seem to recall a post somewhere where door codes were used to set certain controls, but can;t remember if it was Toyota or Audi that used that system - partner used to have an Audi A4)

I am pretty sure there is a rear light by the luggage door activated by rear door in one switch position (DOOR), with other positions being ON and OFF.

The side doors activate the general passenger area light centrally fitted (not rear passenger only really) if switched to DOOR position, again with other positions being ON and OFF.

The front light are manual only and are officially Map Reading lights, not interior lights and is activated only by a push on/push off type switch rather then a position switch

Thanks everyone - just my memory going then - you'd think the front (map) light would come on as well with doors open, really.....