Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Car

paul900

hi guys just thought id say hello

im a newbie so new infact that i still havent got the car :rolleyes:

have just put a deposit on a 2007 (07) reg 2.2.D4-D t spirit and am pickin the car up next weekend , it was registered towards the end of march 2007 and am wondering if my car will have the 6 cd autochanger.

having owned saabs for the last few yrs i thought it was time for a change and took one for a test drive yesterday

it needs a new windscreen and a new drivers wing mirror because the indicator lens has broke and has 3 massive stone chips in the screen

am looking forward to the car just wondering if anybody could answer that simple question for me :thumbsup:

have just put a deposit on a 2007 (07) reg 2.2.D4-D t spirit and am pickin the car up next weekend , it was registered towards the end of march 2007 and am wondering if my car will have the 6 cd autochanger.

having owned saabs for the last few yrs i thought it was time for a change and took one for a test drive yesterday

it needs a new windscreen and a new drivers wing mirror because the indicator lens has broke and has 3 massive stone chips in the screen

am looking forward to the car just wondering if anybody could answer that simple question for me :thumbsup:

Hi Paul, you will be glad to hear that your car does have the 6 cd slot in the dash and it will also play MP3 compilations that you can put on your own cd. I have the same car as you registered Jan 07 but made in 06 so yours may have the better larger screen Satnav. By the way make sure you get the DVD discs for you satnav which is under the passenger seat. Mine also has a stone chip on the windscreen but this has had one of the Autoglass resin repair jobs done. I hope you enjoy the car and that all goes well with it, remember also to get the drivers handbook and service history booklet, hopefully the dealer will have done a full service for you and stamped it as you need this for the balance of the Toyota 3 years warranty. :thumbsup: With steady driving you can expect around 50mpg average, i get a regular 600 miles between fill ups and it takes 50 - 51 ltrs of diesel, the computer is spot on when compared with my manual calculations.

Hopefully you will keep us updated ...... best regards Pete.

Ps Just noticed on your profile it says 2.2d4d T3X not T-spirit?!

Hi Paul, you will be glad to hear that your car does have the 6 cd slot in the dash and it will also play MP3 compilations that you can put on your own cd. I have the same car as you registered Jan 07 but made in 06 so yours may have the better larger screen Satnav. By the way make sure you get the DVD discs for you satnav which is under the passenger seat. Mine also has a stone chip on the windscreen but this has had one of the Autoglass resin repair jobs done. I hope you enjoy the car and that all goes well with it, remember also to get the drivers handbook and service history booklet, hopefully the dealer will have done a full service for you and stamped it as you need this for the balance of the Toyota 3 years warranty. :thumbsup: With steady driving you can expect around 50mpg average, i get a regular 600 miles between fill ups and it takes 50 - 51 ltrs of diesel, the computer is spot on when compared with my manual calculations.

yeah i know it does thats the one i went to look at the t3x

but liked the looks of this one better , the leather and satnav so i swayed to the t spirit but dont know how to change it in the profile lmao

but liked the looks of this one better , the leather and satnav so i swayed to the t spirit but dont know how to change it in the profile lmao

Hi Paul, that's what swayed me also. To change your profile info:- go to your own profile then click on edit signiture then in the left hand column click on edit profile info, now you can change your car model etc. :thumbsup:

You will need to sign into the forum first to do this .... regards Pete.

Hi Paul, that's what swayed me also. To change your profile info:- go to your own profile then click on edit signiture then in the left hand column click on edit profile info, now you can change your car model etc. :thumbsup:

cheers pete have changed it lol

just got back from garage £120 lighter :crybaby: took all my docs for number plate transfer so will be about 10 working days now before i get the car

mine has got the small screen satnav . are they any good ? i have a top of the range tom tom 940 go live thats great and easy to use , but hey if the car one works well i wont need it lol

just got back from garage £120 lighter :crybaby: took all my docs for number plate transfer so will be about 10 working days now before i get the car

mine has got the small screen satnav . are they any good ? i have a top of the range tom tom 940 go live thats great and easy to use , but hey if the car one works well i wont need it lol

The satnav is just ok .... not as good as your Tomtom so stick with it ..... regards Pete.

The satnav is just ok .... not as good as your Tomtom so stick with it ..... regards Pete.

Hi Guys

Sorry to enter into the end of this thread, but I just had to say that I have the TSN310 sat nav and think it is excellent!

I had a Garmin unit before and it was always losing satelite reception, at crucial points on our journeys.

The inbuilt unit is more accurate than the Garmin, with lane indication and traffic avoidance etc.

I know the Garmin is not nearly as good as the Tom Tom, but the TNS310 is a good bit of kit.

Best regards

I just wanted to add that I too use the tns310 with new maps for 2009. (It had the new T5 route for Heathrow) and find it easy to use.

However the traffic avoidance doesn't seem to work. On my trip to Heathrow the traffic was bad and I had no indication on the tns310. It's set to automatic as yet it has never picked up any traffic issues and the M25 is a major route. any ideas?

I just wanted to add that I too use the tns310 with new maps for 2009. (It had the new T5 route for Heathrow) and find it easy to use.

However the traffic avoidance doesn't seem to work. On my trip to Heathrow the traffic was bad and I had no indication on the tns310. It's set to automatic as yet it has never picked up any traffic issues and the M25 is a major route. any ideas?

Hi Terry

I have had loads of offers of "avoid traffic" option, from Dundee to Longleat, but have only taken the offer up once, in Dundee and it did get me passed the tailback.

I think sometimes, there is just nowhere elso you can go, to avoid the traffic holdups :-(

which sat nav do i have then ???? its the small screen in with the radio !!!! am still a bit confused lol
It's the TNS 310 if it's the small screen in a pre or early 2007 Avensis model, it also tells you on the Dvd disc. :thumbsup:

Regards Pete.

lol i havent got the car yet so i havent seen the dvd disc but thanks for your comments guys

oh by the way tspirit pete i think your car is the same colour as the one im getting decuma grey

lol i havent got the car yet so i havent seen the dvd disc but thanks for your comments guys

oh by the way tspirit pete i think your car is the same colour as the one im getting decuma grey

Sorry to butt in... but I have to dispute some of the above... I have Tspirit 07, registered Feb 07, and I do not have the 6 CD changer... only the one CD that is behind the screen. Also I have the TNS700. Mine was owned by Toyota before (one of their emplyees), but I guess it is possible if any extra was ordered originally...

Twot

well when i pick the car up which will hopefuly be next weekend they said 10 working days for the numberplate transfer and that was last monday

and when i look more close i will find out if it has or not ! LOL i will then report back with my findings ha ha ha

Sorry to butt in... but I have to dispute some of the above... I have Tspirit 07, registered Feb 07, and I do not have the 6 CD changer... only the one CD that is behind the screen. Also I have the TNS700. Mine was owned by Toyota before (one of their emplyees), but I guess it is possible if any extra was ordered originally...

Twot

Have you tried putting more than one cd in at a time, mine has one slot but takes 6 discs (don't mean to be rude saying that) :) . Mine was reg'd in Jan '07 but has the TNS310 small screen satnav maybe they changed the unit to the TNS700 at the dealership as i have seen ones slightly later than mine with the TNS310. I really don't mind to much as i don't to use the navigation system anyway (done a lot of years on the road) in my work.

The debate continues ...... Regards, Pete.

Twot

Have you tried putting more than one cd in at a time, mine has one slot but takes 6 discs (don't mean to be rude saying that) :) . Mine was reg'd in Jan '07 but has the TNS310 small screen satnav maybe they changed the unit to the TNS700 at the dealership as i have seen ones slightly later than mine with the TNS310. I really don't mind to much as i don't to use the navigation system anyway (done a lot of years on the road) in my work.

Hi t-spiritpete,

Hmmm.... I did not try, but my wife did... :angry: It did not work!

From what I read above, the 6 CD changed supposed to be under the passenger sit - there is nothing there.

Also, if you open the screen (ie press the open button...) there is a place for the sat-nav DVD and above a pace for CD, and a light is on when there is a CD is in... that is why I got :angry: with wife... anyway it did not work, and no damage was done (also I am still married...).

It is not a big problem, as it will play MP3, so have some compilations to hand.

As to sat nav - it is OK. I also do not use it much as I know my way to work...(and back). handy when going somewhere new, and quite OK traffic warning system (though you need to set a route for it to warn you about problems en-route).

Regards

Twot

Twot

Hi t-spiritpete,

Hmmm.... I did not try, but my wife did... :angry: It did not work!

From what I read above, the 6 CD changed supposed to be under the passenger sit - there is nothing there.

Also, if you open the screen (ie press the open button...) there is a place for the sat-nav DVD and above a pace for CD, and a light is on when there is a CD is in... that is why I got :angry: with wife... anyway it did not work, and no damage was done (also I am still married...).

It is not a big problem, as it will play MP3, so have some compilations to hand.

As to sat nav - it is OK. I also do not use it much as I know my way to work...(and back). handy when going somewhere new, and quite OK traffic warning system (though you need to set a route for it to warn you about problems en-route).

Regards

Twot

Hi Twot

It is usually the drive for the satnav that is fixed under the passenger seat and access to loading the disc is from the back of that seat.

You have to remove the cover first, to expose the loading slot.