Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replace Corolla Verso E12 Stereo System

cava

Hi from Italy. In a days I'll receive a Verso E12. I'd like to move my actual stereo system from my Corolla E12 Hatchback to the Verso. Does anybody already replaced the original Verso stereo system?

Are the loud Speakers the same size of hatchback one (6.5")?

I know that the stereo adapter mask is not the same. The hatchback has a wave form, instead the Verso is rounded. Is there somebody that produce specific mask for 2002 Verso? I've found just hatchback one.... I can search somebody that can realize it, but I think I'll spend more...

Thanks

Fabio

Moving your stereo shouldn't be any problem.

The loudspeaker in the hatchback is not 6.5", but 5.25". I think the same goes for the corolla verso.

Fascia adapter can be found here: http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trk...-All-Categories

Note that there are two different colours, silver and black...

Good luck!

The loudspeaker in the hatchback is not 6.5", but 5.25". I think the same goes for the corolla verso.

Fascia adapter can be found here: http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trk...-All-Categories

Note that there are two different colours, silver and black...

Good luck!

Thanks. I saw the facia, but it seems to be just for the R1... Is the R1 Verso from 2002? I've the E12 Verso and I don't know if it fits

Ah, well spotted. Forgot that there are two versions of the verso.

I've looked through the http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/ website, and it looks like there are original toyota parts that does the job for you. You need to type the VIN number to get the correct model number, and then look at "Body -> Instrument panel...", and you'll see some parts that might be relevant.

diag_1u6e6lJ.png

Check out part number 55417B on the picture above. This can probably be combined with a standard toyota fascia like this However, I don't know if these parts are relevant for you, so you need to check this yourself!

Ah, well spotted. Forgot that there are two versions of the verso.

I've looked through the http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/ website, and it looks like there are original toyota parts that does the job for you. You need to type the VIN number to get the correct model number, and then look at "Body -> Instrument panel...", and you'll see some parts that might be relevant.

Check out part number 55417B on the picture above. This can probably be combined with a standard toyota fascia like this However, I don't know if these parts are relevant for you, so you need to check this yourself!

MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... it could work...

The corolla facia has a wave form, instead the Verso facia is a "cylinder" part.

Do tou know if other verso like Avensis has a similar radio?

You're not thinking of moving your ORIGINAL corolla stereo? That wouldn't fit at all! If you have an aftermarket one, like 1-din or 2-din, then you should be able to find a suitable solution of fitting it, but the corolla version is not suitable in other cars than a corolla...

You're not thinking of moving your ORIGINAL corolla stereo? That wouldn't fit at all! If you have an aftermarket one, like 1-din or 2-din, then you should be able to find a suitable solution of fitting it, but the corolla version is not suitable in other cars than a corolla...

No no.... I've an Alpine 9887 + ampli, sub, and Speakers (ciare and tec). I've nothing original about the stereo in my car. Also the cables are all new.

The provlemi is the fascia for the Verso... I think that at the end I'll ask to some expert to make a fascia "hand made"

I was thinking.... 5.25 is approx 13 cm. In my Corolla (hatchback) front loud speaker is 16.5 cm, instead back Speakers are 14 cm...

Does anyone know the dimension of the Verso 07 radio?

I found just this fascia, and it could be a base for a customized fascia for my E12 Verso...

Hi

Just found this on ebay...

Hope it helps :)

Nope, sorry... This is for the 2007 R1...

Probably I found a solution, but I was waiting to check it before. Fo the E12 there's a facial by Toyota for the original navi. I heard by the toyota mechanic that there's an adapter to install a 1-DIN radio in a full map navi slot. It is available in switzerland (6 km far from me), but I don't know if it si the same I have on my Corolla or is another. When the navy's mask will arrive I'll check it and I'll tell you.

Bye

Fabio

• 1 month later...

I DID IT!!!!!!

First of all I bought the original Toyota mask for the original Toyota Navigator TNS.

Second I found on Phonocar catalogue the mask to replace on Yaris 07 the TNS (there's a version for 1 DIN and another for 2 DIN radio) and the cables adapter.

Then I removed the original radio. It's simple . You pull the air system around the radio and the air conditioning panel. Then you'll find 4 10mm bolts.

Unmount the radio from it's support and use it to mount the new radio. I saw that the phonocar mask can't be fixed correctly because it' made for yaris.

Fix the radio with the bolts and then fix the phonocar mask by pressure.

At the end, mount the air conditioning panel and the TNS mask.

med_gallery_79688_986_728149.jpg

At the end, I replaced all front Speakers. I put a fono-absorbent in the internal part of the external plate of front doors and then I closed all holes of the internal plate. I used the cans holders to hold the mid Speakers. I put the amplifier under the driver's seat and the sub back

I hope that my explanation is simple and clear. My english is not so good...

What you did was exactly what I tried to explain. It looks very good!

I didn't understand what you did with the Speakers though, but the important thing is that you are satisfied with the sound :)

Show us some pics of the end result, might just help to see what you have done.

I've always found pics tell much more than words :thumbsup:

What you did was exactly what I tried to explain. It looks very good!

I didn't understand what you did with the speakers though, but the important thing is that you are satisfied with the sound :)

I replaced the original tweeter and woofer with Ciare and Tec components. The "special part" of the system are the mid-speakers. I don't thin anyone use the can holder under the windscreen. I used a drill so I make a hole in the bottom of the holders, than I put the Ciare Planet mid (you can see the right one in the photo)

Show us some pics of the end result, might just help to see what you have done.

I've always found pics tell much more than words :thumbsup:

Unfortunatly I made just some photos because I had to made the works outside, and it was very cold and I had just a bit of time before the sunshine came... It was not so easy to put my hand in a place where neither a japanese hand can arrive....

The second day I had a problem with the right windows (I didn't know that if you disconnect it , you loose the "link" between the windows and the driver console... in my old corolla you just loose the "auto" function if I can remember) anche the imprint sound system (I made an error in the connection)...

I can see from your avatar that you made a work like mine, but with a 2 DIN radio. Am I right?

A part of the "noise reduction system":

med_gallery_79688_986_25179.jpg

The Speakers

med_gallery_79688_986_41722.jpg

The position of the left crossover

med_gallery_79688_986_731644.jpg

The radio, and in the background the right mid-speaker

med_gallery_79688_986_728149.jpg

I can see what you have done now, you have installed an 3way component speaker system in, with a passive crossover, all connected to your H/U.

You have replaced the bass speaker in the bottom of the door, replaced the tweeters in the top of the door (i think) and installed mid-range Speakers on the dash, and all wired into a passive crossover.

Looks like you have also have a layer of some sound proofing material on the doors too, to make it quieter.

Well done to you :thumbsup: your on the path of a lovely sounding install there, just hope it sounds just as good with all the work you done for it.

From the way you explained with how you took the dash apart to get to the H/U, its a bit like mine in the Corolla, just a shame you could of seen my pics first, would of given you some help, not to worry.

Yes, i have both single and double DIN H/U in my car, but love the double DIN H/U more.

4104DSCF0011.JPG

After-00.JPG

gallery_1491_689_56424.jpg

Bing

:thumbsup:

I had just some problems to find a mask. At the end I combined an original Toyota mask and a phonocar mask. There isn't any mask for 2002 Corolla Verso... :( :( :( :( :(

I saw your photos. It's like my old Corolla E12 HB. This system was installed on this car before my Verso

Here the list of the full system. Some things are from 2 cars ago, but if they works....

Radio: Alpine 9887R with Imprint kit (and internal amplifier off)

Front speakers:

- tw: ciare CT250

- mi: ciare CM510

- wf: Tec SPL carbon 165 mm

- crossover: ciare CF301 (if I remember right... I'm waiting some money to replace them with specific crossover)

Rear speskers: not connected

Amplifier: Phoenix Gold Octane-R 4x100. 2 ch for front and 2 bridged channel or sub

Sub: Focal Polyglass 21v2 with bass reflex box

Front doors noise reduction system:

- external plate: Dynamat Dynapad (? I'm not sure it's dynapad...)

- Internal plate: Dynamat Dynaplate with Dynamat extreme between the dynaplate and internal plate (I had a sheet from the old car)

Here the list of the full system.....

Radio: Alpine 9887R with Imprint kit (and internal amplifier off)

Front speakers:

- tw: ciare CT250

- mi: ciare CM510

- wf: Tec SPL carbon 165 mm

- crossover: ciare CF301 (if I remember right... I'm waiting some money to replace them with specific crossover)

Rear speskers: not connected

Amplifier: Phoenix Gold Octane-R 4x100. 2 ch for front and 2 bridged channel or sub

Sub: Focal Polyglass 21v2 with bass reflex box

Front doors noise reduction system:

- external plate: Dynamat Dynapad (? I'm not sure it's dynapad...)

- Internal plate: Dynamat Dynaplate with Dynamat extreme between the dynaplate and internal plate (I had a sheet from the old car)

WOW, wasn't expecting that in your car :clap:

You have got some nice stuff installed in your car, you should get pics of it, show them off either here or put them in a gallery to view them all.

Looks like you know what your doing then :thumbsup:

Mine look rubbish against your now :lol:

Actually I'm ill. Tomorrow I'll take a look if the weather will be fine... But I don't know what can I make because a lot of pieces are hidden, like the amplifier. It is under my seat but the Verso has a "secret box" under the feet of the rear passengers. So the box hide the amplifier.

The crossover are very big. I hide the left one between the steering and the fuses, fixing it with "velcro" (I don't know if it has the same name...). Instead the right-one is hidden behind the drawer

Looks like you know what your doing then :thumbsup:

P.S. I'm not sure about what I do...

I should bring the car to some "friends" that make this things as work. But 1000 euros are just a bit too much for me at the moment... So I bought the noise reduction system that they uses usually. I searched a way for the mask. I spent a lot of time, but at the end I payed less then 70 euros. It's not perfect, but it works fine. The hand made fiberglass mask costs over 200 euros...

I also have the 2 woofer's support made with wood, but I haven't time at the moment to adapt them.

I don't know how much I'll pay for the specific crossover, but I think that at the end I'll save over 500 euros...

P.S. I'm not sure about what I do...

I should bring the car to some "friends" that make this things as work. But 1000 euros are just a bit too much for me at the moment... So I bought the noise reduction system that they uses usually. I searched a way for the mask. I spent a lot of time, but at the end I payed less then 70 euros. It's not perfect, but it works fine. The hand made fiberglass mask costs over 200 euros...

I also have the 2 woofer's support made with wood, but I haven't time at the moment to adapt them.

I don't know how much I'll pay for the specific crossover, but I think that at the end I'll save over 500 euros...

Friends who do this for living, won't be cheap, even at friend's rate, trust me :thumbsup:

Installs done by professionals, do sometimes, look much neater and tidier, but even so, it may not be the look you want or hoping for, unless you tell them how you want it.

I got my boot install done by professionals, tried to do it myself, but wasn't happening and wasted some much time over it.

It cost me about the same you was quoted for your install, but lucky for me, with the amount of equipment i purchased from them over the years, managed to get alot more for my monies worth, so i had alot of dynamat installed for me (some for free ;) ), and had my H/U and front Speakers all installed as well, and all the boot install, so amp, sub with a false floor.

The end result, is what you see in the pics, but since the install, i changed the H/U from a single to double DIN unit, which too caused it's own problems as well :lol:

I'm surprised you didn't want to choose an active setup than a passive setup.

What i mean by this, is the crossover's your using.

My amp, has internal active crossover, so i can change and tweek my setup to the Speakers i have, and without the crossover box your trying to hide, is much simpler to install.

Having passive crossovers, your limited to the crossover points that the box has, and more designed for certain Speakers.

This is only a minor point, but i'm sure it sounds just as good anyway.

I'm surprised you didn't want to choose an active setup than a passive setup.

What i mean by this, is the crossover's your using.

My amp, has internal active crossover, so i can change and tweek my setup to the speakers i have, and without the crossover box your trying to hide, is much simpler to install.

Having passive crossovers, your limited to the crossover points that the box has, and more designed for certain speakers.

This is only a minor point, but i'm sure it sounds just as good anyway.

I saw that you have a 5 channel amplifier. Have you a 2-way front? In this case I suppose that you are using a channel for sub, 2 for tweeters and 2 for woofers, so you chan change the gaing and the cut point of the filters.

I'm planning to ask ti my friends to realyze specific crossover, when I'll have sufficient money...

At the moment I used the Imprint Sound to change the temporal retards. Also the sound changed a lot. The eq-system has 80 frequency if I can remember right

I saw that you have a 5 channel amplifier. Have you a 2-way front? In this case I suppose that you are using a channel for sub, 2 for tweeters and 2 for woofers, so you chan change the gaing and the cut point of the filters.

I'm planning to ask ti my friends to realyze specific crossover, when I'll have sufficient money...

At the moment I used the Imprint Sound to change the temporal retards. Also the sound changed a lot. The eq-system has 80 frequency if I can remember right

That's how i've got mine setup, very simple.

5channel amp, powering a set of Diamond Audio 2way components Speakers (mids & tweeters) in the front doors, with a JL Audio sub in boot. With the amp having it's own internal crossover, made it easy to setup and look clean and simple.

With the H/U having it's own internal amp too, i've connected the rear Speakers to it, to rear-fill the car, so when people sit in the back they can lisiten to something as well, and when i was come clarity in my music, i just fade them out for just the front Speakers.

That's how i've got mine setup, very simple.

5channel amp, powering a set of Diamond Audio 2way components speakers (mids & tweeters) in the front doors, with a JL Audio sub in boot. With the amp having it's own internal crossover, made it easy to setup and look clean and simple.

with a 3-way front it's more difficult to use the internal amplifier's crossover

:-D

With the H/U having it's own internal amp too, i've connected the rear speakers to it, to rear-fill the car, so when people sit in the back they can lisiten to something as well, and when i was come clarity in my music, i just fade them out for just the front speakers.

In my opinion you can switch off the internal amplifier il you don't need it. You can enable it just if you have people behind you, but all professionists says that the rear Speakers aren't necessary because when you go to a concert the audio comes from front. I left my original Speakers in the rear, connected to the radio, but the internal amplifier is off to increase audio quality. You can try it searching in the setup the "power ic" feature.