Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replace Corolla Verso E12 Stereo System

cava

with a 3-way front it's more difficult to use the internal amplifier's crossover

It can be done, i've seen it, but your looking at a much bigger install.

Putting in an active crossover, means you can expand the install even more.

In my opinion you can switch off the internal amplifier il you don't need it. You can enable it just if you have people behind you, but all professionists says that the rear speakers aren't necessary because when you go to a concert the audio comes from front. I left my original speakers in the rear, connected to the radio, but the internal amplifier is off to increase audio quality. You can try it searching in the setup the "power ic" feature

Don't get me wrong, i much perfer the 5channel setup, so just the fronts and sub working, thats why i had the install done.

It can produce superb quality sound to fill the car, even when the installer put it on a RTA (Real Time Analyzer) they were surprised with what it it registered. With a little bit of time correction, it sounded well balanced and full sounding.

• 1 month later...

I DID IT!!!!!!

First of all I bought the original Toyota mask for the original Toyota Navigator TNS.

Second I found on Phonocar catalogue the mask to replace on Yaris 07 the TNS (there's a version for 1 DIN and another for 2 DIN radio) and the cables adapter.

Then I removed the original radio. It's simple . You pull the air system around the radio and the air conditioning panel. Then you'll find 4 10mm bolts.

Unmount the radio from it's support and use it to mount the new radio. I saw that the phonocar mask can't be fixed correctly because it' made for yaris.

Fix the radio with the bolts and then fix the phonocar mask by pressure.

At the end, mount the air conditioning panel and the TNS mask.

med_gallery_79688_986_728149.jpg

At the end, I replaced all front speakers. I put a fono-absorbent in the internal part of the external plate of front doors and then I closed all holes of the internal plate. I used the cans holders to hold the mid speakers. I put the amplifier under the driver's seat and the sub back

I hope that my explanation is simple and clear. My english is not so good...

Hello cava.

im imresst about your work. I have the same car and i like to replace also mi original radio.

I was searching for the parts you bilt in to the car, but i dident find them. Do you have any numbers or websits where i can order the mask for the Navigator TNS and the Yaris parts. I dident untherstand witch part from the Yaris 07 you bilt in.

My Enlish is not very good, i hope that you unthersand my questions.

Thanks steve from switzerland

I DID IT!!!!!!

First of all I bought the original Toyota mask for the original Toyota Navigator TNS.

Second I found on Phonocar catalogue the mask to replace on Yaris 07 the TNS (there's a version for 1 DIN and another for 2 DIN radio) and the cables adapter.

Then I removed the original radio. It's simple . You pull the air system around the radio and the air conditioning panel. Then you'll find 4 10mm bolts.

Unmount the radio from it's support and use it to mount the new radio. I saw that the phonocar mask can't be fixed correctly because it' made for yaris.

Fix the radio with the bolts and then fix the phonocar mask by pressure.

At the end, mount the air conditioning panel and the TNS mask.

med_gallery_79688_986_728149.jpg

At the end, I replaced all front speakers. I put a fono-absorbent in the internal part of the external plate of front doors and then I closed all holes of the internal plate. I used the cans holders to hold the mid speakers. I put the amplifier under the driver's seat and the sub back

I hope that my explanation is simple and clear. My english is not so good...

o you have the toyota part number for the tns surround? my dealer hasnt got a clue, saying they only list the tns system itself :(

Hello cava

Im from Swizerland.

It loks very good!!

I have the same Car. Do you have an Address and a Part Number where i can order the original Toyota mask for the original Toyota Navigator TNS.

My Dealers can not order this Part!

Pleas Help me!

Seems like cava isn't much around here.

The fascia is quite common, and can be bought several places on eBay amongst other webshops.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-CELICA-RAV-4-...=item56380712c2

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-RAV-4-FACIA-F...=item3ca2604c62

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Rav-4-Fascia-...=item3ca0a97ffc

Even though it doesn't say that these fascias fit the verso, I'm pretty sure they do. I have this for my RAV4, and I know that it fit the E12 corolla (because it says on the box). Also It looks exactly like the one cava has used.

However, I believe you need to buy the part surronding the stereo fascia, which converts from standard corolla verso head unit to standard toyota size.

part number: 55417‑13010‑B0