Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T Sport Range

naffers2091

Well Hi, i'm new to the Yaris Scene, was in the Civic scene for 2 years. Seen the Yaris's at Japfest 09 Castle Coombe and i thought i want one.

I have a few questions i need answering before making my purchase.

I have heard there is an Import model? Turbo? Is it classed as Vitz?

Are they allowed to be imported yet?

If they are, does anyone know of any improt centres that have them?

If not, 1.5 VVti would be the best to go for?.

Are they cheap to turbo or supercharge, and where would i be able to get the parts from for this? Stock internals

I'm all new to the Toyota Scene so i dont really know. Any information would be great.

Thanks

Nath

I don't know anything about a terbo Vitz but I am sure others here will.

If I could afford a terbo then yes becuase the power per weight becomes seriouse ;)

Terbo's are expensive. By the time you have installed one to a second hand T-Sport you could pick up a newer Ford Fiesta ST for 7k with 40k on the clock so you need to think hard.

But the original spec T-Sport ticks more boxes than any other car and I love it. There is a lack of low down torque (due to variable value timing) is more noticeable than in a Honda engines.

There is a Turbo Vitz, it is huuuugely powerful considering the smallness! Personally, I have the 1.3 RS as it's got all the bells and whistles, but is cheaper to run... If I had the mullah, I would have picked up one of these: RS: 1.5 L 1NZ-FE I4 Turbo (150 hp) (which is the car you're looking for). If you were to use that as a project and had the money, I'd supercharge it, you would have power accross the board ... supercharger for low end, and turbo as the supercharger power starts dying off!!

After driving the 1.3 and the 1.5 (Both RS Vitz's rather than T-Sport Yaris's), I personally prefer the 1.3... not as much at the top, but cheaper to run, and still fun to drive :) ... besides, if you start getting to the top end of the power, you're waaaaay over the speed limits!!! lol

There is one (a 1.5 NZ-Fe I4, which has been breathed on by TRD) with a similar kit to mine still in Japan, but it's at auction for 1,621,691 Yen + shipping charges which is just over ten thousand pounds, so it all depends what you want to spend... they are amazing cars, in GBP I paid four thousand for mine with 60,000 miles on the clock and it drives like you would expect it to the day it arrived from the factory! But I'm currently living in NZ, where cars cost a bit more in general, and Jap imports are ten a penny so, it's swings and roundabouts! I paid out to get a nice car at a decent price, but you'd have to pay more in shipping than I did, and I took the risk free route of getting an import company to check it in situ, import it with a small deposit that was refundable if the car wasn't of a satisfactory standard when inspected upon arrival.

Personally, if you're going older Japanese, I would always ALWAYS go import, my friends and I have been owning imorts for the last few years now, and we find we get a lot less go wrong with our cars than other people we know who buy european new, or even; as the case is for me: NZ market new.

Have fun with your hunt, I hope you find what you're looking for :) ... as far as my knowledge pertains, there are currently NO Fe I4 Turbo's on the UK market, so you would have to import one, and they are like rocking horse !Removed! to locate as they were very limited in their run, so it would be a real coup to get one into the UK :)

Just so you know which one you're looking for on the auction sites (I forget the exact one I used... but google had to translate it to English for me anyway, so I know it can be googled) It's described with the engine number above, it's Daytona Yellow with a carbon bonnet, and has the same kit as mine (see below):

Y4.jpg

Hi Nath,

The Vitz is Turbo'd and I believe has a LSD, if not I reckon the extra torque would be too much to handle for the Yaris Chassis. I have a very nice 02 T Sport in Thunder Grey with only 35K on the clock and even with the 106bhp the chassis can only just cope in the tighter turns. I'd say an LSD is a must have as a starting point to tuning, along with uprated suspension etc. Mine is 100% original except for Eibach suspension and a K & N so very subtle mods.

I know where you are coming from with the Civic as I used to have a Type R before the little Yaris so I doubt you'd be upset with a Yaris. The Yaris is a proper little giant slayer even in N/A form, it is proper fast and has very entertaining handling. I am thinking of selling mine; but note you are some distance so doubt it'd be any interest to you.

Regards

Yumma