Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Little Advice Please?

toweylowey

Hi, haven't been on here for few months not had a lot to say since gettin rid of my corolla t sport compressor few months ago :-(

I work at toyota an thinkin of gettin an auris on the scheme, just tryin to decide which one,

- be sensible an get the basic 1.33, or

- treat myself an get an sr180

1 thing that would help is some realistic fuel consumption figures especially for the sr180, i know it'll be no where near the compressor's fuel consumption lol

cheers!!!

Hi, haven't been on here for few months not had a lot to say since gettin rid of my corolla t sport compressor few months ago :-(

I work at toyota an thinkin of gettin an auris on the scheme, just tryin to decide which one,

1 thing that would help is some realistic fuel consumption figures especially for the sr180, i know it'll be no where near the compressor's fuel consumption lol

cheers!!!

From a T180 owner (all figures manually calculated and over 1 tank):

Best MPG - 45

Average MPG - 40

Worst MPG - 36

cheers!!!

From a T180 owner (all figures manually calculated and over 1 tank):

Best MPG - 45

Average MPG - 40

Worst MPG - 36

From a T180 owner I would say approx:

Best MPG - 46 (only ever done this once but can get about 43mpg on a steady run)

Average MPG - 36-39 around town depending on short runs etc

Worst MPG - 30-32 with a very heavy foot

I would say that is about spot on imo

Had my t180 since they were first released

Last tank was brimmed was 44mpg - all my tanks are verified by receipts.

Previous tanks were all about 42/43mpg - mostly driven to and from work which is 44 miles a day consisting of 60% a road / 40% urban with about 10% of the urban part being lots of traffic lights and potentially slow moving / heavy traffic.

However, as winter comes, its more like 41mpg.

I live near derbyshire and very much enjoy going for a "drive" and i will have a bit of fun and end up back on my drive with 37-39mpg showing up. I can do the same route which is pretty hilly and get 42mpg driving normally. That shows you the difference between normal driving and a hoon.

The absolute worst i ever got is 36mpg for a journey last winter in the minus temperatures and slow moving town traffic, if i remember rightly, the tank average was a slightly higher. I have never ever got below 36mpg. So i'm surprised at some peoples lowest.

The very best i got for a journey was about 54mpg over a few hundred miles. This was mainly flat a-road and m-ways. You won't see 50's very often.

The m-way drive at around 70mph will give you anywhere from 43-48mpg unless it is hilly (the later figure only achievable if traffic continues to move but at a slower speed) Its unlikely you will see more than 45mpg at 70mph +. However it is hard to resist the urge to use all that torque in 6th for overtakes, which will see the MPG drop a bit.

A few things to understand about the t180 engines; with all that torque its hard to drive smoothly. I find better consumption if i drive smoothly.

The engine is running at mean pistol speed of 1,200-1,500 with low frictional horsepower loses and best volumetric efficiency between 1.95k RPM and 2.5K RPM. Unless i'm hooning i accelerate between that RPM range, quite quickly with smooth throttle up to 50 or 70%. I maintain a steady speed at about 1.5k and i achieve my MPG's.

I also use v-power. When hooning it produces a better power curve (imo) up to 4k and it also helps reduce smoking/soot which along with ensuring you don't stab the throttle or labour the engine encouraging over fuelling, you will get less soot build up. Less soot build up and ensure you accelerate between the range i said, along with good fuel means less re-generation cycles which use the 5th injector to burn off excess soot using up fuel reducing MPG.

I don't believe you will see instant gains from V-power but after a few tanks and the soot thing explained above it does improve MPG.

Although i have said all this, i do seem to get better consumption than most people. I do drive quite smoothly but it is all proportional to where you drive. If you are in town a lot or drive on hilly roads just expect anything from 38-41mpg.

I also ensure my air filter is clean and i do over inflate my tyres by 2psi, so 40psi front, 34psi rear. Not for economy but i find it rides better.

Why not the 2.0D4-D I think is the best model? Road tax £130 with 45-48mpg (wife) and 47-53mpg (myself). It is massivly quicker on the motor way than my Yaris T-Sport though very dull to drive in built up areas.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links