Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.4 Advice :)

1000bhp

post-83601-1252952272_thumb.jpgHi, how you all doing. just got a 1.4 VVTi T3

only got this cause of my age am only 18 so i could'nt get insurance on a t-sport. so thought ill just get a 1.4 and make it look good, i live in glasgow and need some advice on what to do with the car. ive done nothing to it yet expect from a backbox.... and thats it

dont knw abt wheel size or drop. but am mainly after a kit for it. parhaps and t-sport side skirts etc..

anyways heres a few pics of it.

thanks for your help

p.s is there any meetings in glasgow

Don't forget to tell your insurance company of any modifications you make! :rolleyes:

Ha the thread will help me too as I'm in the same boat i have the 1.4 vvti 2002 and am 18!

Things i can suggest are getting some 17" alloys and coilovers or dampers.

and keeping it VERY clean :rolleyes: then start to think about the bigger mods

Congrats on your purchase mate.

Get it lowered with some coilovers for the best effect, but if you don't have enough money, then you can always go for lowering springs. But, make sure you check the optimum lowering height because it can prove to be very bad for your shock absorbers that need to do all the same work in a shorter space.

You can always get 17" rims, but be aware that this will compromise road comfort.

Window tints look good on these cars, but make sure that they are within the legal limits, or you will have police sniffing around you A LOT!. ;)

I would reccomend that you stay away from side-skirts as they often look rubbish and Out of Place on cars that don't have them as standard. To avoid this, you can go for a PFL to FL conversion, which other members have/are doing at the moment. (I think you can do this, but mounts may be different)

These links will prove useful;

STXstyling

Europerformance

FENSPORT

They should get you going nicely.

Good luck

Hey i live in balloch near glasgow, dont think theres many scottish meets.

Mines is a 1.4 too but looks quite tidy now theres lots of things to do, ive done

Tsport spoiler

Tints(pentagon Glasgow)

Yaris t sport exhaust

lowered 35mm (gmax)

k and n typhoon kit (think this is my favourite sounds great!)

wind deflectors

17" inovit st gunmetal alloys

So theres plenty you can do.

Bad news lads, after thinking about my plans for the car....went and had a collision this morning :crybaby:

Was pretty shook up, and think the plans are to get it repaired through insurance!!

heres the damage!

IMG00029-20090915-094500000.jpg

IMG00030-20090915-094600000.jpg

Bad news lads, after thinking about my plans for the car....went and had a collision this morning :crybaby:

Was pretty shook up, and think the plans are to get it repaired through insurance!!

heres the damage!

IMG00029-20090915-094500000.jpg

IMG00030-20090915-094600000.jpg

No way man that sucks how did that happn?

was on the m8 west bound 8:30am so it was busy busy, the car behind me (astra) was right up my tail so i looked into the mirroir to see, was only looking for abt 0.2sec turned around and the car infront done an emergency stop before i knew it i went into the back of him. the car behind moved away before he hit me so he got away. the blame then was then all on me as the police said "does'nt matter, you went into the back of him you should have stoped"

so now i have to pay out £1000 (N)

someone offerd me £800 for the car the way it is lol ...