Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo Wing Mirrors

tract0rgirl

Hi, all. Been lurking here for a while but finally took delivery of my brand-new Aygo Blue yesterday (59 plate). This may seem like a silly question but I was wondering whether the wing mirrors fold back. I looked at them last night and they don't seem to move much. I didn't want to press too hard in case I snapped it off, but I'm hoping they do move as I've had no end of people hitting my mirrors in supermarket car parks in the past and I fear for my new Aygo mirrors if they don't fold back. Love the car, though. Seems more nippier than my Clio 1.2, which is amazing. There are a few things I miss, but having the bluetooth and iPod connector makes up for it!

Hi, all. Been lurking here for a while but finally took delivery of my brand-new Aygo Blue yesterday (59 plate). This may seem like a silly question but I was wondering whether the wing mirrors fold back. I looked at them last night and they don't seem to move much. I didn't want to press too hard in case I snapped it off, but I'm hoping they do move as I've had no end of people hitting my mirrors in supermarket car parks in the past and I fear for my new Aygo mirrors if they don't fold back. Love the car, though. Seems more nippier than my Clio 1.2, which is amazing. There are a few things I miss, but having the bluetooth and iPod connector makes up for it!

Yes, they do fold bck.

Rather than trying to just push them while they're still new & stiff,

try to "rotate" them backwards. (One hand at the front, one hand at the back)

Then try to "spin" them on their hinges.

Today's top tip.......

When they're rotated backwards, if you look underneath the head of the mirror,

you will see a small gap has appeared between the mirror head and the stalk.

spray a little Mr. Sheen or similar wax furniture polish in the gap and wipe the excess off.

The mirrors will fold back much more easily.

Don't worry, it has no effect on how well they lock in place.

Ian.

Thanks - just had another look and it turns out they are a bit stiff. Now I just need a force field around the car to stop people scratching it with their shopping trollies!!

Thanks - just had another look and it turns out they are a bit stiff. Now I just need a force field around the car to stop people scratching it with their shopping trollies!!

Try parking in a remote corner of the carpark away from trolley bays, thats what I do and I'v never had any trouble with car park damage, when I got the Aygo I even stopped parking beside tatty uncared for cars as I figure they will open doors without due care. (I just realised how sad I am) :lol:

Everytime I choose a parking space at the local super-market I always leave an empty bay either side. . . . .but everytime I come back I'm 'boxed' by vehicles that seem to get ridiculously close. Last time it was a 15 year old Transit that had backed in and was only about 18 inches of the passenger side :censor: .. . .I wouldn't mind so much but there were empty bays all over the place so I guess the Aygo must be 'magnetic'!!! Luckily though no scuffs. . . .yet! Force-field a good idea. . . . . . do they sell them at 'Halfords'? :D

Try parking in a remote corner of the carpark away from trolley bays, thats what I do and I'v never had any trouble with car park damage, when I got the Aygo I even stopped parking beside tatty uncared for cars as I figure they will open doors without due care. (I just realised how sad I am) :lol:

I'm the same! Every time me and my girlfriend go to tesco/cinema/shopping etc she always comments on how far away i've parked from the entrance. I know its sad and embarrassing but i'd be more embarrassing if, out of the blue, I lose my rag at the car parked next to me because of a little scuff.

I think there are a lot of people that do this. Its like standing at a urinal, you always leave one 'bay' free between you and your neighbour. And if thats not possible you go on the end one. Or is that weird lol! :unsure:

I'm the same! Every time me and my girlfriend go to tesco/cinema/shopping etc she always comments on how far away i've parked from the entrance. I know its sad and embarrassing but i'd be more embarrassing if, out of the blue, I lose my rag at the car parked next to me because of a little scuff.

I think there are a lot of people that do this. Its like standing at a urinal, you always leave one 'bay' free between you and your neighbour. And if thats not possible you go on the end one. Or is that weird lol! :unsure:

Me too! I think it is the fact we have bought our cars brand new, yes the novelty hasn't worn off yet.

No scratches or scuffs yet. I think I would go ballistic if she got damaged by some 'erbert not looking. I do agree that the Aygo is a magnet, well going by the comments I have received in car parks :thumbsup:

My mrs hates the fact that I park at the furthest away end of Tesco's car park, but I would rather walk for 30 seconds than have

to get a dent/scuff fixed.

Anyway, that's why they give you a trolley for your shopping :thumbsup:

I am surprised how similier our habits are, then again I probably shouldnt be as we must have similier tastes to be enjoying the same car............

In my Aygo Blue 07 model Toyota Owners manual. Page 101 under "Steering wheel and mirrors" catergory there is a page to show how you can fold your wing mirrors back.

Did you read your manual? :yahoo:

In my Aygo Blue 07 model Toyota Owners manual. Page 101 under "Steering wheel and mirrors" catergory there is a page to show how you can fold your wing mirrors back.

Did you read your manual? :yahoo:

Page 101???? I am still on Page 1 ..."thank you for choosing Toyota..."

One day I will progress to page 2. :yes: