Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This Will Make You Cringe !

kaz

I work for the NHS and was reading a GP newspaper, one of the articles really made me cringe.

A patient went to her GP complaining of "tickly ear" the GP looked inside and saw a spider living in this womans ear. The GP never told the woman as it was freaking her out but she phoned the ENT hospital who advised her to drop water in the ear to drown it but the spider run out and the GP had to stamp on it at this point she informed the woman of the spider. It never said how the woman reacted !!! If it had been me I would have passed out. :o :o

Mind you about a year ago a man came to the surgery complining he couldn't hear. Our GP found chewing gum in botrh his ears !! aparently he'd fallen asleep and his little daughter had pushed the chewing gum in his ears ! how he never noticed I don't know !!!

Kaz

Dam!! Imagine that a spider living in your ear :o

jerry!!

The spider story sounds like an urban legend to me, I don't have to time to research but maybe someone with time today can have a look into snopes, even newspapers are not above getting done over these stories.

It really isn't an Urban story when I go into work on Monday I'll tell you the GP'd name and surgery. I would never rest easy again if this happened to me !! A GP at the sugery where I work said it is quite common to get bugs, moths etc in people ears

Kaz

aye...you swallow spiders...flies.... and god knows what other creepy crawlies most nights.

So, not surprising that one might end up in an ear...and find it quite cosy...makes you wonder...where else they go........

Sweet Dreams.

Vipes

Mind you about a year ago a man came to the surgery complining he couldn't hear. Our GP found chewing gum in botrh his ears !! aparently he'd fallen asleep and his little daughter had pushed the chewing gum in his ears ! how he never noticed I don't know !!!

LOL that's a fine story, just have visions of this little girl pushing chewing gun deep into the guys ear drums lololol

imagine it, you'd wake up alot deafer than when you went to sleep, a bit worrying!

Apparently the average person eats 8 spiders a year while they sleep!!! :!Removed!:

or more if u go on fear factor!!!! :lol:

makes im a celebrity look like blue peter :thumbsup: