Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Minor Issues?

Omasis`

1. Started my car up this morning and right after the starter motor had engaged and had cranked the engine, it made a funny metalic scraping sound almost like it didnt disengage for about a second. does anyone know where the starter motor is located obviously its somewhere round the flywheel but is it easy to access? .

2. I have a rather annoying squeek sound which i believe is coming from the exhaust / heatshield it happens everytime the engine moves ie pulling off changing gear etc. does anyone know where i can get replacment heatshields? or any advice on how to fix this issue?

For those of you who dont know my car is a CTS 54 plate with 56,000 on the clock.

Thank you for you time :thumbsup:

Sounds like the starter clutch pinion gear is sticking ( gummed up with clutch dust probably ) and is located under the right hand side of the

Inlet manifold - just remember to disconnect the Neg - Battery terminal before removing the starter motor.

As for the squeek , it could be anything tbh :

* Exhaust manifold heat shields corroded/rattling.

* Exhaust manifold to downpipe bolts or the tension springs on the bolts.

* Drive belt Tensioner

* Clutch Release Arm pivot dry and squeeking ( can be heard with engine off and clutch being operated ).

Process of elimination will find the Squeek.

Mick

Thanks for that. I can stop dreaming about huge bills. I have exactly the same noise when starting. But only about once a week. As its an automatic it must be in need of some oil and a belt with a hammer!

Thanks, will be taking a look at this on the weekend me thinks providing the weather is nice. at the minute it only seems to do it when cold.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links