Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cruise Control For 2003 T3s ?

zulu

Good Luck Gary. Can you post a picture of your engine Bay with throttle wires/cables please?

I have moved on to fitting HID lamps now.

Fog Lamps - Next project after HID headlights.

Hi Zulu

One of my mates owns a Lexus IS200 sport and just fitted a set of HID dipped beams to it.

The only problem is that they are so much brighter, when he puts on the full beam, there is hardly any change in the illumination on the road ahead.

He said you can get kits with one ballast per side, that splits between both full and dipped lights, which would be a bonus, as there is very little space in the engine bay, anywhere near the lights to fit two of the units anyway.

I have not seen any of that type of kit yet, but if I do and it does not cost a king's ransome, I will consider going for them, over the xenon bulbs I put in last month.

Regards

I never knew that kind of ballast is in existence for two lights (H7 and H4) and how do you switch them?May be, some kind of relay switching.

Have you got any links for that.

I have ordered my HID kit for H7 lights.

I never knew that kind of ballast is in existence for two lights (H7 and H4) and how do you switch them?May be, some kind of relay switching.

Have you got any links for that.

I have ordered my HID kit for H7 lights.

Hi Zulu

No idea where you get them, I was just told about them.

I'll ask him where he saw them and let you know.

I was loking in my owners manual last night and it mentioned 1ZZ-FE and 3ZZ-FE do have electronic throttle control systems, as well as 1AZ-FSE and 2AZ-FSE types.

See page 160 of the owners manual, half way down the right hand side of the page, under the section (g) Malfunction Indicator Lamp Gasoline-powered Vehicles. (Section 1-6 Operation of instruments and controls: Gauges, meters and service reminder indicators section)

Looking at my V5, I think mine is a 1ZZ, as this is part of the engine number and it definitely does not have a throttle cable.

If I can work out how to attach a pic to the threads, I will take one and add it in.

It's pouring with rain just now and I was going to get under the car to check if I have the wiring in situ, for the fog lights, but I think I will have to take it into the stores at my work in the morning instead.

Regards

1ZZ before Feb 2004 is cable throttle.

From Feb 2004 looks like fly by wire.I have checked the service manual.

I have attached the pictures of the throttle body assembly below. Mine is before feb 2004.So no CC.

post-82484-1254555576_thumb.jpg

post-82484-1254555583_thumb.jpg

1ZZ before Feb 2004 is cable throttle.

From Feb 2004 looks like fly by wire.I have checked the service manual.

I have attached the pictures of the throttle body assembly below. Mine is before feb 2004.So no CC.

Hey Zulu

That is a bit of a bummer :-(

Mine is a late 2005 '55' plate, so that is why the picture looks different to mine.

I will continue my search, after my holiday, next week.

I took the under engine covers off yesterday, to check for foglight wiring harness - nothing at all! Hope you have more luck.

Can't be bothered running cables through the engine bay and putting in switches, as the dash light won't work with them anyway.

Although, while I was in there, I was able to relocate a dislodged clip on the foglight blanking piece, so it is all solid again. One positive, anyway.

How did the HID's go?

Regards