Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starting Pertrol Engine?

Soarersan

Afternoon all.

Quick question for the enlightned. Is it possible to start the petrol engine when stationary? I've just changed the oil and filter, and would like to get the oil pumping and check levels again before driving.

Thanks guys.

Afternoon all.

Quick question for the enlightned. Is it possible to start the petrol engine when stationary? I've just changed the oil and filter, and would like to get the oil pumping and check levels again before driving.

Thanks guys.

If engine cold pressing start will start engine after a few seconds, if warm turn on AC and will engine start after a minute or so

Thank you kindly good sir. :thumbsup:

So is there no way of starting the petrol engine on it's own? What do the guys at the MOT do for testing emissions?

The safest way is to Power On on to Ready as normal, switch on the Aircon, and wait - you won't have to wait too long (maybe 10 mins?).

There is an Inspection Mode that runs the engine continuously, but it disables the traction control and there are dire warnings not to drive the Prius when Inspection Mode is enabled. The Repair Manual method is to use Toyota's Intelligent Tester plugged into the DLC-3 socket (OBD-II) and activate the test mode. There are also a couple manual methods involving "secret" procedures with the gear shift, brakes and accelerator pedal, but I don't know whether they work, one that I came across was in the Bentley's book (fairly complicated sequence) and the other on the internet (fairly simple but was for a 2004 model).

So is there no way of starting the petrol engine on it's own? What do the guys at the MOT do for testing emissions?

you dont test the engine for emissions on its mot as its exempt from being tested.

They don't have to bother as the Prius is exempt from the emissions test, they still charge the same fee though!

Put your Prius to Neutral, press the gas pedal. And here it goes, engine will start and rev according to pedal pressure. ;)

Ogo

but it will max at approx 1500 to 2000 and will go no higher and will cut out as soon as your foot is off the pedal.

tbh their is away of starting and running the engine and its done by pressing pedal and buttons in sequence.its in my tecs manual that i got when i was on the prius course.