Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Side Mouldings?

josh 66

Anybody here had the black side mouldings put on to help protect your door?

I think they make the side of the car look better...Looks very plain from the side.What do you think guys???? :rolleyes:

I think they make the side of the car look better...Looks very plain from the side.What do you think guys???? :rolleyes:

I have them and I got them to give the car a horizontal line to break up the slabbiness of the doors, but others will hate them and fair enough, each to his own.

I am happy with them!

I have them and I got them to give the car a horizontal line to break up the slabbiness of the doors, but others will hate them and fair enough, each to his own.

I am happy with them!

Do you think they will look good with a white iq?......Still thinking about it.... :rolleyes:

On a white one they look out of place......you don't see the shape of the lines in the door as good anymore........but they have advantages as well.......your choice.

I'm just looking for a way to protect the doors from inconsiderate people that park next to you and dont give a monkeys.

The BM was good, side strip worked a treat but also the metal was a lot thicker.

I am happy with them!

Do you think they will look good with a white iq?......Still thinking about it.... :rolleyes:

They look fine on my white IQ, (in my opinion, of course) and also give the car park protection which is their main purpose.

On a white one they look out of place......you don't see the shape of the lines in the door as good anymore........but they have advantages as well.......your choice.

i think you might be right.....My iq being white might not go well with them being black....oh well!.....just have to watch my doors don,t get knocked!! :rolleyes:

i hae seen one in white with the side protection at i think it looks totally stupid if it was colour coded it would not be too bad i guess they would look good on a black IQ. On a white one it looks like it has sideburns

i hae seen one in white with the side protection at i think it looks totally stupid if it was colour coded it would not be too bad i guess they would look good on a black IQ. On a white one it looks like it has sideburns
Maybe right Craig.......But how do i protect the doors?.....any other ideas? :rolleyes:

For me, the black moulding improves the lines of our silver iQ.

post-82462-1253139926_thumb.jpg

as posted previously in the "modifications" thread.

Can,t make my mind up!!!!!...... :unsure::unsure: :unsure:

Maybe right Craig.......But how do i protect the doors?.....any other ideas? :rolleyes:

On a black one they would look ok, but any other colour i would get them colour coded to match the rest of the car can toyota not do this, I dont really see the need for them on such a small car anyway

we already had ones on our Rav 4 but they were colour coded to match the rest of the paintwork if the car was bigger i would get them.

I,am Getting a white iq3.....so i think i,ll give the black side mouldings a miss....I,ll look for some good

door protecters instead.... :rolleyes: ..If i had a black one i think i would i,ve had them fitted!

• 2 weeks later...
I,am Getting a white iq3.....so i think i,ll give the black side mouldings a miss....I,ll look for some good

door protecters instead.... :rolleyes: ..If i had a black one i think i would i,ve had them fitted!

Black is to hard, better take the chrome ones, Ruud

• 2 weeks later...

I think the side moulgings ugly, anyway how can you scratch such a tiny car?

Also how much boot space is there? Not much i dont think

I think the side moulgings ugly, anyway how can you scratch such a tiny car?

Also how much boot space is there? Not much i dont think

It's not a question how to scratch a tiny car...................It's about how OTHERS scratch yours.

Boot space?......more then enough for normal use (which represents about 90% of al use)

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links