Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hid Colour

9BarStrata

Does anybody know what the colour temperature of the OEM HID's on an avensis are? as i'm getting some fitted and i want them as standard as possible.

Does anybody know what the colour temperature of the OEM HID's on an avensis are? as i'm getting some fitted and i want them as standard as possible.

I looked in to the colours when I fitted a kit to my Ford.

6000K is the whitest I found.

Such an improvement on standard.

DSC00124.jpg

Hi

I have read other threads stating 6000K as the ideal temperature rating.

I don't have HID's myself, but one of my mates has a Lexus IS200 with 6300K HID's and they have a subtle blue tint, but suit the car very well.

Sorry i can't give a definite answer, but I hope it helps.

Regards

To 9BarStrata,

Go for 6000k bulbs, white light with very slight blue tinge, as close as you will get to factory option. The lower the rating the whiter the bulb, 5000k is pure white & would blind you depending on supplier. Try colour chart at www.HID4US.co.uk to see the difference. Remember your car has to pass its NCT at some stage if not 4 years old yet.

Regards, Beagh.

"Go for 6000k bulbs, white light with very slight blue tinge, as close as you will get to factory option. The lower the rating the whiter the bulb, 5000k is pure white & would blind you depending on supplier. Remember your car has to pass its NCT at some stage if not 4 years old yet"

I read somewhere on one of those charts that 4300k was what car manufacturers use , as for the tinge of blue,my nct centre failed me for having white leds as side lights because there was a tinge of blue to them. he said i might get mistaken for emergency vehicle!!!!! so i want to make sure the new hids are white.

speaking of LEDs does anyone know if cheap white leds look a bit blue compared with expensive white leds?

"Go for 6000k bulbs, white light with very slight blue tinge, as close as you will get to factory option. The lower the rating the whiter the bulb, 5000k is pure white & would blind you depending on supplier. Remember your car has to pass its NCT at some stage if not 4 years old yet"

I read somewhere on one of those charts that 4300k was what car manufacturers use , as for the tinge of blue,my nct centre failed me for having white leds as side lights because there was a tinge of blue to them. he said i might get mistaken for emergency vehicle!!!!! so i want to make sure the new hids are white.

speaking of LEDs does anyone know if cheap white leds look a bit blue compared with expensive white leds?

My brother's Mitsubishi FTO Type R, failed its last MOT, due to the HID's, but he did a bit of investigating and the rules stipulate that the lights are meant to be left on for a few minutes before testing, so they loose some of the blue tinge. When he confronted the MOT test centre, they conceeded, retested the lights as stated and they passed the test.