Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4.1 New Clutch Needed

Ady-Rav4

Hi, we have a RAV4.1, V-reg 1999, 2.0 petrol 5 door. It has done 82,000miles.

She is fab and purs along. But the clutch has started slipping, it needs changing soon. We are waiting to here from 2 garages for quotes to change it. I know it's going to cost a lot, has anyone here had one fitted? If so, how much was you charged. I was told that it's an 8 hour job because they have to drop the engine out to do it. :o Is this true? We look forward to your replies, thanks.

Hi, we have a RAV4.1, V-reg 1999, 2.0 petrol 5 door. It has done 82,000miles.

She is fab and purs along. But the clutch has started slipping, it needs changing soon. We are waiting to here from 2 garages for quotes to change it. I know it's going to cost a lot, has anyone here had one fitted? If so, how much was you charged. I was told that it's an 8 hour job because they have to drop the engine out to do it. :o Is this true? We look forward to your replies, thanks.

The dealer manual used to quote an engine out job... and I seem to remember the price 10+ years ago as £1600 !!

I've seen it done in situ by taking off engine mounts and dropping/canting engine enough to get at clutch. Its still a bit of work but quicker.

Make sure that if you go down the road of an engine out, that the garage knows that the engine drops out the bottom - one crazy place took the engine out the top of one of my RAVs a few years ago causing damage to the front H frame !

Hi Ady + Welcome, Bothy is our 4.1 guru, but i can tell you the cost of cutch + flywheel on the 4.2was about £1600, clutch alone was £600 so I suggest you shop around + make sure you get someone who knows what they are doing :thumbsup:

has anyone changed a clutch at home if so how long did it take to do and were any special tools needed. would love to try it but this would be my first clutch change. i have done complete suspension change and also the timing belt they seemed easy enough

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links