Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pattern For Car Mats

OvertheHill

Am after getting some car mats made and wondered if there was a pattern of the new floor pan in any documentation anywhere that I could use that anyone was aware of????

Don't think theres any pattern available. My dealer quoted me £75 for mats ...... I declined his offer!

Bought some £20 ones from Halfords. They are no where near a perfect fit, but they will do for me. You have to watch out your mats don't go under the accelerator pedal as the pedal arm sort of protrudes down onto the carpets and any additional mat thickness will limit its travel.

Yeah - you can generally get tailored mats between 30 and 50 quid but the Prius is just too new at the moment! I didn't want to pay £75 but don't really want generics either

My dealer quoted me £75 for mats ...... I declined his offer!

I asked for a set as part of the deal and was given them without cost.

I always thought it was part of the standard bargaining strategy, to wait until you have the pen in your hand to sign the order and then ask for some extra sweeteners such as the mats and a tank of petrol etc.

I do not know if this is of any interest to anyone

http://www.carmats4u.com/Toyota-Prius-2004...8130,index.html

I have never used them so do not know what there service is like .

They will send you a sample if you email them

I do not know if this is of any interest to anyone

http://www.carmats4u.com/Toyota-Prius-2004...8130,index.html

I have never used them so do not know what there service is like .

They will send you a sample if you email them

It's a shame the mats arent suited to the new Prius.

You could give them a ring maybe have not put them on the website yet !!

They have mats for the new Verso so it should not be long

Have you thought of contacting kingo and see what he can do ??

Interesting. Ordered some mats from the dealer and picked them up yesterday. When they quoted them in the sale they wanted £75 which I politely declined. The actual price as an accessory (including VAT) yesterday was £60

I got the official Prius mats thrown in as part of the deal but they did not have the hooks attached as shown in the owner's manual page 379 (new 2009 Gen3). Is there any way to tell if they have given me the Gen2 mats instead as they do not match the holes in the floor carpet? The picture in owner's manual show that the hooks are there to link the mis-alignment but then picture also shows the driver side mat which looks different to the one I have been given.

I got the official Prius mats thrown in as part of the deal but they did not have the hooks attached as shown in the owner's manual page 379 (new 2009 Gen3). Is there any way to tell if they have given me the Gen2 mats instead as they do not match the holes in the floor carpet? The picture in owner's manual show that the hooks are there to link the mis-alignment but then picture also shows the driver side mat which looks different to the one I have been given.

The mat on the drivers side does not have the tongue that is shown in the manual going up under the accelerator pedal. Apart from a cut-out for the foot-rest, the mat is square across the top.

The hooks have a peg on the underside that is a loose-ish fit in the hole in the carpet and which allows the hook to swivel horizontally, so there is a lot of tolerance on the side-to-side position of the hook.

20090923MatHook.jpg

The mat has a pair of holes with sturdy plastics ferrules that fit over the hooks.

20090923MatHole.jpg

When the mat is in place, the hooks protrude a little through the holes, but they are under the front edge of the seat so they don't get in the way. There is adequate side-to-side movement to allow the mat to fit neatly, but it cannot be shuffled forward under the accelerator pedal.

20090923MatFitted.jpg

The hooks are essential to fixing the mat and stopping it from moving about. If they were not supplied, you need to go back. It's a good arrangement. I had an identical set-up in my last car and in three years it never moved at all.