Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Squeaky Clutch Pedal

stretcher

Hi,

Little bit of advice needed, my clutch pedal squeaks now and again when it is pressed and released,

i have taken a look at it and it seems to be coming from the spring pushing the clutch pedal up

not sure if i should take it back to the dealer as it is still in warranty or save myself a bit of time

and dab a touch of grease on the spring where they touch each other but not sure if its the right thing to do .

Regards Stretcher :unsure:

I'd take it back to the dealer for two reasons.

a. Keep the car squeaky clean. No grease spots.

b. Dealer is probably friendly about it, and on the off chance it is a recurring problem; it was signalled when discovered.

just my 2cents

cheers

Hi,

Little bit of advice needed, my clutch pedal squeaks now and again when it is pressed and released,

i have taken a look at it and it seems to be coming from the spring pushing the clutch pedal up

not sure if i should take it back to the dealer as it is still in warranty or save myself a bit of time

and dab a touch of grease on the spring where they touch each other but not sure if its the right thing to do .

I'd take it back to the dealer for two reasons.

a. Keep the car squeaky clean. No grease spots.

b. Dealer is probably friendly about it, and on the off chance it is a recurring problem; it was signalled when discovered.

just my 2cents

cheers

Hi,

Just had mine looked at during a service for the same reason (although it had actually shut up by the time the thing went in). Apparently its a common thing.