Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Squeeky Aygo

platinumpeebo

First week and i have noticed that when i am coming up to a junction or slowing down not using the brakes theres a squeek and even more of one when going round a tight corner. Any ideas?

I'm starting to have the same problem with mine and have worked out it is the drivers seat. Does it sqweek when you reach accross wiggle the drivers seat when you are sitting in the passenger seat?

Alex.

I'm starting to have the same problem with mine and have worked out it is the drivers seat. Does it sqweek when you reach accross wiggle the drivers seat when you are sitting in the passenger seat?

Alex.

My drivers seat also squeaks, ever since I got it :( Never really bothered me too much though

Hmmm il look at the seat thing when i get in it tomorrow but its booked in on wednesday for them to have a look. The mrs got her blue today and while i was at the showroom i noticed that a avensis did the same thing.

My seat belt makes a wee squeeking noise ever now and again, but hey,

I love my wee car and all it's quirks.

Ah ha at last a technical issue I can help with! I found the same problem, strangely it only seems to happen on the drivers seat belt holster, drop in a little drop of oil or some WD40 just in the slot for the belt clip and a little rub of oil on the clip aswell, did it about a month ago or more and still not a peep out of it. Hope it works for everybody else, squeeks and rattles wreck my !Removed!.

Hmmm il look at the seat thing when i get in it tomorrow but its booked in on wednesday for them to have a look. The mrs got her blue today and while i was at the showroom i noticed that a avensis did the same thing.

Mine is booked in on Tuesday for them to have a look. The passenger side speaker (in the door) also appears to be blown.

Toyota looked at my squeeking Aygo this afternoon. They said the squeek was coming from the seat runners so they have lubbed them and all is quiet now.

Toyota looked at my squeeking Aygo this afternoon. They said the squeek was coming from the seat runners so they have lubbed them and all is quiet now.

I think I might do that myself, grease, wd40 or teflon spray do you think?

Regards

Andy

So today was the day all booked in me and lola set of the the local dealership. Ater being told that it would only take 45mins to inspect the car when i first questioned the noise, But the service department told me was going to take an hour and a half to two hours so i think ok in the middle of a industral estate i can walk to the shops, Only to walk for half an hour to the shops then to get a phone call its ready. Half an hour walk later and the thought it was fixed stuck in my head i arrive at the service desk and get told well we had a look at it but we couldnt see anything!!!! so not a happy camper and looking at my car found out that the rubber strip on the roofs coming off its being a week!! so today i say ubik Mr T

I think I might do that myself, grease, wd40 or teflon spray do you think?

Regards

Andy

Not sure what they used but there is no WD40 smell so it can't be that.

Alex.

So today was the day all booked in me and lola set of the the local dealership. Ater being told that it would only take 45mins to inspect the car when i first questioned the noise, But the service department told me was going to take an hour and a half to two hours so i think ok in the middle of a industral estate i can walk to the shops, Only to walk for half an hour to the shops then to get a phone call its ready. Half an hour walk later and the thought it was fixed stuck in my head i arrive at the service desk and get told well we had a look at it but we couldnt see anything!!!! so not a happy camper and looking at my car found out that the rubber strip on the roofs coming off its being a week!! so today i say ubik Mr T

Does the drivers seat squeak when you wiggle it?

Alex.

No thats the first thing the dealer checked because he had one before with that problem. I really got angry last night on my way home there was a new noise! so i got out had a look at the wheel turned out it was just a stone ha :) but i have found a solution to the noise...... just turn the music up

No thats the first thing the dealer checked because he had one before with that problem. I really got angry last night on my way home there was a new noise! so i got out had a look at the wheel turned out it was just a stone ha :) but i have found a solution to the noise...... just turn the music up

That solution works for me and to be honest the squeaks I had when my car was new have now gone. The car must have been bedding in as it's all quiet now. Even so, my Ipod nano is still a regular companion when driving about.

Where was the stone? Mine has started making a new noise as well!

As far as it concerns seat runners I think I have the same problem with the passenger seat. When the weather is cold or very hot [like it was here in Greece during this Summer] I was listening to a little rattle when the car was running at low revs (900-1700rpm). It almost drove me crasy as I couldn't find the source of this sound! I knew it was coming from the passenger seat but from where?!

So yesterday afternoon I took the flashlight and put my face under the passenger seat. I discovered a small gap between the two parts that comprise the left seat runner [i also saw that between the two parts there are a few white plastic (!) :unsure: beads probably helping the two parts slide together]. Thus when the car runs at low revs the back of the passenger's seat is shaking, so that small gap at the left seat runner makes the two parts poke one another making this annoying rattle!

Has anyone come accross this situation before? I think that just lubrication of the spot wouldn't do any good as that gap would still be there. First I thought to push a little piece of rubber in between to cover that gap, but again I don't think that this would be the proper way.

Any other thoughts? Should I go to Toyota and have them change the seat runners?

Something else that I didn't like was the fact that there were plastic beads between the two parts of the runner. Am I wrong here or I think that these should be metallic beads, or else these plastic ones may be disfeatured by the pressure that is being exercised to the whole seat system every time someone seats on it?

Sorry laptop charger broke if my kitten will chew it. Anywasy the Aygo is made bo be cheap so that could be a reason for the plasic over the metal. Where they greased? and did you find that the seat was harder to move in the heat as they expanded?

Also the stone was in the outer tread of the tire the drive to works gravelled. But it sounded like those things that you put on your bike as a kid that clattered in the spokes. Havnt been back to toyota yet going to give them a snag list on its first service. Did fill out a questionare the otherday mentioning the seats and the way the !Removed! rain comes in think i need a plastic parcel shelf!!

Peebo

Where they greased? and did you find that the seat was harder to move in the heat as they expanded?

Platinumpeebo both of the seats were indeed greased and the seat was not harder to move in heat nor in cold. I don't know if you can come to a conclusion by this. Here were are talking for maybe just one mm of change due to temperature.

Regards.

• 4 weeks later...

hey!

Both my driver seat and passenger seat squeaks and is driving me crazy :angry:

Gonna have to try that WD 40 idea see if that helps... *crosses fingers*

lol...my seats dont squeak just yet... but my rear tailgate (the glass) is rattling pretty bad,.

Had a look at it and the left hand bolt holding the little piston thing was loose. tightend it up (really tight) and it seems to have stopped...but we will see

I notice the door cards have a small rattle too on some bass notes!

Hi, just had mine into the garage for the passenger seat squeaking when going round corners and when traveling slow over bumpy road surfaces, they loosened the track bolts and applied silicone grease, then retorqued them, no more squeaks. Loosening them retightening could just correct the problem, worth a try.

regards

johnhrh