Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

St202 Trd 1996

digital

Hi all,

I am new here so please forgive my noobishness, i HAVE JUST BOUGHT A 1996 TOYOTA CELICA ST202 TRD. (IMPORT)

Can anybody explain the TRD - is it a sportier engine, and are the parts different?

I will check the engine tomorrow as I have literally just drove it home.

Cheers any help would be appreciated.

Hi & Welcome to the Forum. Sorry to disappoint you but there is no such thing as a Gen6 TRD. If someone has told you thats what it is then they have lied to you. TRD never did a special edition of the ST202 (Some may argue with me on this but i know for a fact that TRD only did factory special editions of the Gen7).

There was an ST202 TRD Aero bodykit... but its unlikely you have this...

TRDCelicaMagazine1.jpg

You'll have the standard 173bhp engine. If someone stuck a TRD Badge on it you may find there are a few other mods like exhaust, induction kit etc

Hi mate thanks for the reply, you are right it looks like someone just put the Badge on the back.The engine is a BLMVF and it has the strut brace so i think its the 180 bhp version as it has been imported.

There is a switch with a light just below and to the left of the steering column, any ideas as to what kind of a mod this might be. the light is not working so I guess its not working.

Is there a common 2 wire mod to the st202? I will try and trace the wires at the weekend .

Many thanks for the reply.

Cheers mate.

thats the TRD rear fog light switch. HOWAYY SUNDERLAND !!

Hi mate thanks for the reply, you are right it looks like someone just put the badge on the back.The engine is a BLMVF and it has the strut brace so i think its the 180 bhp version as it has been imported.

There is a switch with a light just below and to the left of the steering column, any ideas as to what kind of a mod this might be. the light is not working so I guess its not working.

Is there a common 2 wire mod to the st202? I will try and trace the wires at the weekend .

Many thanks for the reply.

Cheers mate.

BLMVF is the frame number, not the engine. It'll have either a 3S-FE 140bhp or 3S-GE 173bhp. There was never a 180bhp version.

The switch is probably as GT4 Booster said for your Fog?

2 Wire mod? never heard of it....mod for what?

Yes your right blmvf is the frame sorry, new to this. The engine is indeed a 3SGE SSII import which seems to have a spec of 180ps which when converted to hp

is (0.9863201652997627 * 180 = 177.53763hp ) about 178 BHP or am i missing something again?

As for the fog switch yes spot on mate like I said just had it a day and thought it looked like a diy mod hence my query.

This is my first JAP car so got a lot of catching up to do ...

As for any other mods it looks like stock apart from the bad O/S/F CV and knackered bearing. lol

Thanks for the reply

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links