Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Discounts - Is It Possible? - Pitfalls?

dfstrottersfan

I am seriously thinking of buying a new RAV4 - probably the petrol Automatic .

Can anyone tell me if there are any pitfalls to look out for - and - if there are ways of getting a good deal on a new one e.g. any dealers who are known to discount?

What I have discovered so far is that Toyota's and Honda's don't seem to attract much of a discount new.

Thanks

Welcome to the club.

One of our members (Duncerduncs) has just bought the new revised RAV and has reported that he got a four figure discount and a very acceptable price for his old RAV;

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...st&p=929539

I guess you just start making enquiries and phone several dealers.

Can anyone tell me if there are any pitfalls to look out for - and - if there are ways of getting a good deal on a new one e.g. any dealers who are known to discount?

What I have discovered so far is that Toyota's and Honda's don't seem to attract much of a discount new.

Thanks

As an example of what Anchorman says - RRG Stockport are holding a VIP event

"This will be no ordinary event. In fact, all guests are by invitation only, with access to the showroom on the weekend of Friday 25th - Sunday 27th September 2009 by VIP Event Pass - this will be issued to you personally prior to the event, once you confirm your attendance."

"Brand new Toyota models at COST PRICE! "

My wife and I went to same event this time last year year and I bought a RAV T180 and an Auris

There will be similar events around the country with very good discounts but try several dealers to see if they are putting on an event - but might be worth a trip to Stockport!

"To avoid disappointment, please confirm your attendance by contacting Phil Belsten: on Tel: 0161 401 0164 who will issue your VIP Event Pass and dedicated appointment time or request a VIP Pass online"

Do not be put off by above they will welcome all who have prebooked but do not just turn up!

I do not have any connection with them but have bought two RAV's from them and one Auris.

Best wishes with your hunt

Guy

As Anchorman says, I've recently purchased the revised RAV. I'll come clean about the discount, as so many have asked! :rolleyes:

We ended up with £1100 pounds off the car plus we didn't pay for metallic paint, so in theory we got £1500 pounds off. The dealer actually gave us more off the car after we ordered, as it helped with the PCP finance (Toyota have a 9.9% deal on at the moment)!

Obviously I can't guarantee what discount you might get. :thumbsup:

Hi dfstrottersfan

I recently purchased a second hand Rav4 from Jim Walton in Penrith, and I have to say that they were very helpful and were not pushy at all. Not sure if they would be able to help you but might be worth a call.

I travelled down from south of Glasgow to Penrith so in my opinion it was worth it.

Cheers

Thanks

Hi Mate + welcome Try this LINK These are discounted cars from uk dealers, then go to your local dealer + say i would really like to buy a new Rav from you but i can get one for £****** off the net.. I can even get it delivered to my door, They will then check it is genuine + match or even better that deal.. :thumbsup: Stew ... The link i have shown is not neccesarily the cheapest or best just google new rav4 cheapest + take your pick... :thumbsup:

Thanks

Hi Mate + welcome Try this LINK These are discounted cars from uk dealers, then go to your local dealer + say i would really like to buy a new Rav from you but i can get one for £****** off the net.. I can even get it delivered to my door, They will then check it is genuine + match or even better that deal.. :thumbsup: Stew ... The link i have shown is not neccesarily the cheapest or best just google new rav4 cheapest + take your pick... :thumbsup:

Hi,

When i got my Rav it was from a car broker, can't remember the name but if you check my previous posts, the name is there somewhere.

The car was supplied by a Toyota dealer, UK spec. etc, and the price was between £3200-£3500 off the price I was quoted from my local dealer (Batemans, Grange).

I told them I would prefer to spend my money locally, but they didn't budge a penny, possibly because they couldn't come close to the price

Just come back from a Toyota dealer where I enquired about a deal for a new XTR-the trade in price for my car was a joke and I was offered £500-00 discount.I walked away.

You should be getting top trade ins at the mo, as there is apparantly a shortage of good used cars about, always look for a car similar to yours for sale on the forecourt, If they have one for sale at £10,000 + they are offering you £6000 then you have a pretty good case for an argument..Because the new 2009 Rav is so new, you will not get huge discounts as obviously there is a lot of interest in them, When the new Honka CRV came out I couldn't negotiate any discount at all, now you can get about £4000 off the existing model (soon to be updated, but still UGLY) I also stormed out of my local dealer when they offered a derisory sum for my 4.2 and have never been back, nor will I.. :thumbsup: Stew

Just bought a new Toyota ( not a Rav)the trade in price was about £1000 more than any other dealer (non Toyota) had offered for my car .

Also they matched the broker price as well as getting an additional £1000 off as a Loyalty bonus from Toyota .

The deal the dealer offered was so good it made my mind up pretty quickly .

A friend who went to trade his BMW in and was also offered a very good deal !! There are some good deals out there if you are prepared to work at it .

As I suggested in my other post give carfile a ring all they do is get the Toyota dealer to ring you up and you negotiate with them !! if the deal is not right you just do not go ahead .

Orderd my 4.3.5 XTR earlier this week. I had a 24 hour test drive last week and was mighty impressed! I got £1100 off list, a couple of extra freebies thrown in (if there is such a thing!) Dog Guard andboot liner. I got the price I wanted for my Auris T180 aswell.So..... 5 weeks to wait for my XTR Decuma Grey Rav with style pack, can't wait!

See you kept to your signature grey! You will have to be fully sworn in when you get the RAV. I won't tell you what it is but it involves a mad taxi driver from Altrincham and items that are normally stored under the boot floor in his RAV!!!

I note that the new RAV4's have no spare wheel. Is there a modification available to put a spare wheel on the back door where it used to be?

I know that there isn't an official mod. ..............

See you kept to your signature grey! You will have to be fully sworn in when you get the RAV. I won't tell you what it is but it involves a mad taxi driver from Altrincham and items that are normally stored under the boot floor in his RAV!!!

Yep, kept the grey. I was thinking about the blue, but I just couldn't decide if I liked it. I had a Grey one on test, and it looked good, so I went for it. I can't wait to be sworn in! :thumbsup:

I can't wait to be sworn in! :thumbsup:

I wouldn't get too excited...

I couldn't sit down for a week :eek:

:lol:

I can't wait to be sworn in! :thumbsup:

I wouldn't get too excited...

I couldn't sit down for a week :eek:

:lol:

Good job its got heated seats then! :thumbsup:

Bought my RAV exactly 4 years ago this week through drivethedeal ,an internet broker.Once you decide on the model they take £500 deposit and find you a Toyota dealer,usually London area to supply the car.

Got £3000 off list price , but you cannot part exchange.

Bought my RAV exactly 4 years ago this week through drivethedeal ,an internet broker.Once you decide on the model they take £500 deposit and find you a Toyota dealer,usually London area to supply the car.

Carfile did take my part exchange in which was through a Toyota main dealer

Carfile did take my part exchange in which was through a Toyota main dealer

Did you get a good discount off list ?