Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crack In My Rear Bumper

ujamil

somebody reversed into my car and there is a slight crack in the rear bumper. about an inch long but not very thick. its just the paint has come off and little crack in the bumper. is there any way i can cover it??

somebody reversed into my car and there is a slight crack in the rear bumper. about an inch long but not very thick. its just the paint has come off and little crack in the bumper. is there any way i can cover it??

I am not sure but you may check for new spoiler as it is sometimes cheaper to buy new part on eBay than fix the old one.

You can probably repair the crack with Plastex (or other brand) ... it comes as a solvent and powder, works pretty good. But you are still going to have to paint the bumper or get someone else to do it ..... could always just put a sticker over the damage as a temporary measure :rolleyes:

Don't you have insurance? Wouldn't they cover it? Somebody just cracked a hole in my coworker's rear bumper - it was pretty darn bad, but insurance covers it and he just took the car to the local Toyota dealer to repair it.

• 5 months later...

Hey Guys

I have another problem! Literally just touched a small pole while parking my car which wasn't visible to me. I have a small area of cracks on the side of the rear bumper. Totally gutted i didn't see it. Furthermore, a guy was stood behind me watching as i approached it. Surely he could have told me?!!

Anywaz is there any way i can get this repaired easily and cheaply?!!

ABZ-T2

Hey Guys

I have another problem! Literally just touched a small pole while parking my car which wasn't visible to me. I have a small area of cracks on the side of the rear bumper. Totally gutted i didn't see it. Furthermore, a guy was stood behind me watching as i approached it. Surely he could have told me?!!

ABZ-T2

Any decent body shop will be able to repair it,I had the same happen to me 14 months ago and it was done and back on the road 24 hours later,perfect paint match,impossible to tell from before accident, Dunc.

Is the bumper on the Auris only for decoration? On a previous car I owned the bumper was designed to crack so that it took some of the energy out of any impact. Once damaged this energy dissipating effect would be reduced and the other parts of the car would have to take more of the force of any impact.

Hey Guys

ABZ-T2

Any decent body shop will be able to repair it,I had the same happen to me 14 months ago and it was done and back on the road 24 hours later,perfect paint match,impossible to tell from before accident, Dunc.

Hi

Thanks for replying. If you dont mind me asking, how much did it cost and was it worth it?1 Every1 saying no point repairing as bumper prone to damage!

ABZ-T2

It's not really relevant but I had to have a new bumper on my Camry because of a split/crack after someone ran into the back of me. New bumper, painting, re-fitting the parking sensors etc, I think the total bill they paid was about £700.

Hey Guys

ABZ-T2

Hi

Thanks for replying. If you dont mind me asking, how much did it cost and was it worth it?1 Every1 saying no point repairing as bumper prone to damage!

ABZ-T2

As it was done in Cyprus I dont think the price will help,just saying that its easy to do and no difference to how it looked before the accident.