Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lift

Coop5

Guys,

Ive been using lift in second and third a couple of times a week (normally when at lights with leons, A3's etc)

How much is too much though?

Coming form a car which redlines at about 7k it feels like I am thrashing the engine taking it to 8.2k.

Does anyone else feel this after a good 'blip' ?

Cheers

Only second and third??

What about 1st! :lol:

As for thrashing the car at high rpm's... the engine was designed and tested to run at upwards of 4k rpm with no issues ;)

i dont think i make a trip to the shops with out bounceing of the limiter lol especially now i just got my hks high power fitted , i have never hit lift in 6th has any one what speed you at at that point cheers

Only second and third??

What about 1st! :lol:

As for thrashing the car at high rpm's... the engine was designed and tested to run at upwards of 4k rpm with no issues ;)

HKS High power is an exhaust.

You can't feel lift in 6th really. It just goes. 5th you feel a slight oull still. Needless to say you're neardouble the speedlimit at that RPM in 6th. ;)

HKS High power is an exhaust.

You can't feel lift in 6th really. It just goes. 5th you feel a slight oull still. Needless to say you're neardouble the speedlimit at that RPM in 6th. ;)

Last time I was in Germany I was at about 149mph at 7600rpm in 6th. Just couldnt quite do it... yet ;) Hands started sweating badly and I understand fully why people wear driving gloves.

this is probably down to my lack of driving experience in a "racing scenario" but personally i hate first gear lol

i hit the high revs so fast and when i go to do a quick gear change sometimes theres a real loud thump as i change, and a fair old jolt - i didnt notice the big thump in my yaris t sport, maybe it has a more sporty clutch/gearbox combo

is it down to my own style or what?? i drive the 1.6 t3 btw?

(i figure if im only getting a couple of mpg more by driving like an old lady i might as well enjoy the drive for a few mpg less lol)

Providing you check your oil before you know you are going to be driving harder than usual and that you dont select the wrong gear ie going into 2nd doing about 90mph you shouldnt really have any troubles with the engine :thumbsup:

i dont think i make a trip to the shops with out bounceing of the limiter lol especially now i just got my hks high power fitted , i have never hit lift in 6th has any one what speed you at at that point cheers

on about 205-210 hit lift what is wrong with your car when you dont notice lift in 6th gear?

Couple of times a week??

:lol:

It will take it many many times a day if you want to. As long as you keep on top of maintenance and make sure the engine is toasty warm before giving it death.

on about 205-210 hit lift what is wrong with your car when you dont notice lift in 6th gear?

Hitting Lift in 6th is not possible in this country without risking losing your licence!!

Lift in 3rd puts you over the national speed limit!! :lol:

You CAN feel lift in 6th, But it just doesn't pull you like it does 1st - 4th gear. 6th Gear is an overdrive gear and only adds 300-400rpm over 5th, How you expect to feel much differenace is beyond me....

6th gets you nowhere....

5th tops out at around 145 then 6th just sticks at it....

dont ask me how i know... i just do

sort of agree, but i doubt 145, i askd this a while ago as i had found a photo from someone on facebook hitting roughly 148/149 and people on here when i posted it said 145 wouldnt be possible, although this lad had a few more hundred revs left and was in fifth, maybe it could, hope so as toyota only state 139 if im correct ?

but i used to go for a blast just to hit lift lol dont do it as often now, especialy when just going to work and for obvious reasons when we have the baby in the car :)

remember, life begins at 6200rpm ;)

149 on the speedo will be roughly 140 real speed so is probably about right.

sorry i was sposed to say 138/139 my bad lol

Focus ST.. 155Mph, My 'Rolla. 2 Inches off his backend, Speedo wedged on 150.

How fast was I going? I dunno, No satnav to prove it :P

Ofcourse this was on the AUtobahn. xD